Tuesday, April 09, 2013

DIFFERENT WEATHER

MONDAY

Cold, turning on the fireplace to get warm. Snow falling and turning into hail. Yuck. Then in the afternoon it gets a little warmer but not much.

After making hubby a latte & sandwich because he forgot to set out a burrito - he froze them all, I fed the dogs their leftovers.

Then did a little cleaning around the house.

Nanook from the neighbor's came over again and the dogs started barking! So I went out to catch him. He came right to me and I snapped a leash on him. He walks with me just fine.

Then I walked him over to neighbors. The wife, Grace... was getting in her car to come find the dog. We talked and she invited me inside to see the puppies that her other dog - Sophie had just recently given birth to. There were 11 little puppies that were adorable sleeping together on a blanket in their back room.

Dave came out of the bedroom in only his pajama bottoms & was drinking coffee in the kitchen. He said he had opened the door and could not find Nanook. So the dog was out again! We saw him running across the road, right back to my house. Grace and I walked to our house again where it was quite difficult to get him. I had to go get ham from the house to coax him to us.

Then we talked for a while more and Grace went home.

I cleaned the house, picked up poo, and did laundry & dishes.

In the afternoon, I exercised.

Hubby came home around 6:00 after picking up some nail polish for me at Ulta and then he went down to the shop until 11:00 to work.


TUESDAY

Already warmer today, but not by much. However, the sun is shining and the dogs are outside on the deck soaking up the rays!


 Ben in the Library on the window seat

Isabelle, Bud & Ben on the deck


Again, Nanook was over at our house at 9:00 this morning. So I got some ham and snapped the leash on him while he was eating. Walked him back over to the neighbors. The other neighbor drove her car down the road & was taking her kids to preschool said that the dog had been at her house all morning.

Nanook (the escapee)


When I knocked on the door to give him to the neighbors, the hubby was in underwear! No shirt, nothing else. And Nanook bucked & tried to get away. I wonder if they are abusing him? They were not even out in the yard looking for him. I am through with them. Just because you move out into the country does not mean that you can let your dog run wild. I am calling the Dog Control next time.

I did laundry, did dishes, vacuumed and polished my nails. I think I will also soak my feet for a while.



No comments: