Thursday, December 02, 2021

THURSDAY / MESQUITE LIGHT PARADE

THURSDAY
12-2-2021 




Up at 6:30AM. 

I made the lattes. Hubby made breakfast eggs for dogs & fed them.

Hubby made the bed.

I transferred $ to bank account in Quickbooks.

I started laundry.

Hubby got dressed. We left the dogs at home and drove to Walmart for 20 pounds each of Food for the Food Bank to donate tonight at the Mesquite Light Parade. We are taking the Can-Am, Polaris, and the Polaris we bought from Rory & Trudy. Guys will install lights on them.

We also bought LOTS OF CANDY to throw out at the kids tonight.

We went to Wendys and got breakfast sandwiches

Drove home. Unloaded groceries. 

Tater stayed home. Hubby was going to be busy at the shop tonight.

I cleaned up breakfast dishes and started dishwasher.

I put laundry in dryer.

I washed my hair and dried it with my new hair-dryer.

I started Roomba in the master bedroom. It died right away. Not charged?

I put away clean clothes. I let the dogs in and out several times. 

Water went out at 1PM. There was a large water main break at Falcon Ridge the individual said at Virgin Valley Water when I called them.

Hubby called at 3PM to find out sign-on for Meyer Distributing. 

I ordered parts from Corbin at 3PM. 

I got ready at 4PM. UPS/FedEx came and brought boxes just as I was leaving.

Left the dogs at home and went to the shop at 4:25PM. 
 
HUGE water main break at Flat Top Mesa Drive & Oxbow Bend.

I saw a pile of black top on the side of the road where they had dug everything up.

Hubby called me just as I arrived at the shop. He and Casey were getting the UTVs finished. I parked the FMF after they unloaded boxes. 

Casey picked up Brandi and  Addie as he drove to the LDS church. It was freezing cold and Hubby did not have a sweatshirt or pants. I forgot to bring anything. He needs a sweatshirt at work.

We walked around and met people. Looked at the different Parade floats for Xmas lights. 

Then at 5:30PM, we got in the UTVs and started on the Parade Route. We threw out 12 bags of candy just from our UTV alone. We had provided the same amount to Casey. The Xmas tree in the back of the Polaris threatened to fall over, but it was OK the whole ride.

Hubby and I drove the back way around on Old Mill Road to get to the shop.

We parked the UTV in the bay. Chris was there. He had gotten thru the traffic in the gorge finally.
 
Afterwards, Casey dropped off Addie & Brandi at home and took the Polaris to the shop. 

Hubby got in his truck. I took the FMF. We met at US gas station to get fuel. Dan & Dana drove by and said Hi to Hubby.

We drove home. 

At home, let the dogs out for potty.

THE WATER WAS RESTORED!

We took marijuana to sleep. Hubby picked up Tater and hurt his back.

I put a heating pad on the sofa for him. He made a thanksgiving dinner of left-overs for himself. 

We went to bed at 9PM.

No comments: