Thursday, July 26, 2007

My Life = NOT A Bowl Of Cherries

That is a weird phrase, huh? Life is like a bowl of cherries. Does that mean it's good, but has pits? Or what?


And I'm not complaining. Don't get me wrong here. I'm just trying to explain how my life goes. I pretty much have to roll with it. Because if I didn't, I would be on the edge all the time. Probably because I am so easy is the reason that I'm not on Prozac. LOL!


So the DirectTV guy was here for over 6 HOURS to install our new boxes with the DVR package. Well, he left and it didn't get installed. Because we had to knock down a tree to get a clear shot of the satellite with the dish mounted on the side of the house.


Joe came over the next morning with his bulldozer and pushed it down...after a harrowing time of me yelling at the guys "get away from the damned tree before it falls on you!" Men are so dumb. They stand right next to it, gazing up at it, as if in a trance. Joe had cut it at the base with the chainsaw and the tree starts leaning but doesn't fall. Now...this tree is over 60 feet tall. Far enough from the house, that it wouldn't damage the house...but probably not fun if it happened to land on you...So Joe...pushes on the tree with his hand, trying to get it to fall. Duh. This tree probably weighs as much as his dozer. Does he REALLY think he can just push it over like a toothpick? And hubby is standing gazing at him doing it all. Doy. I had my hand poised on the
9-1-1 buttons, just waiting...


But it came down OK. Then the cable guy was convinced (i.e.-read hubby called him and DEMANDED that he come that day instead of waiting until Friday) to finish installing the cable. So he came in the afternoon and finished (2 hours and MUCH sawdust, sheetrock and dirt in 4 rooms of my home later!) Then he got kinda creepy before he left and started talking about the various installation persons that have murdered and/or raped women at home. Now. I have 4 guns in the home. Which I know how to use. I have a very BIG dog in the home and she would probably tear somebody apart if they were to hurt me. (she was barking the ENTIRE time he was here) and I also know defensive moves. My husband knew this guy was here. There was Billy down at the shop...I mean, it's not like I was here defenseless! And just know that I am NOT going to go quitely if something like that happens. I will go KICKING & SCREAMING! So anyway, I hustled him out. Thank god he finally got the hint! Probably because I went into the kitchen while he was talking and got out my meat clever and started to pound it on the counter cutting up strawberries!!!


Then I was lucky enough to clean up all his mess, rewire my surround sound system to the new DVR; move the furniture around in the living room back to their original places, and then returned back to cleaning up my Mercedes interior which he had interrupted me doing.

Today hubby took off work so that he could go with me to Spoky-Jo so I could do my hair, he could run errands, then we would spend an enjoyable afternoon goofing off. Well, the stylist wasn't ready for me, re-scheduled the appointment to Sunday...all the DSL internet cafes that we stopped at either didn't have DSL working or were on dial-up. So I was still unable to upload my freebies. My service at home is just really getting worse. We have confirmation of DSL to our home at the end of August. Which is really sad that I want the end of August to hurry to be here, but then that is almost the end of summer. Blah.


When we went to Costco to check on new flat-screen TVs with DVD players...we compared costs. There was Home Depot right next door and they were doing a Contractor's Open House. With free pizza, free t-shirts, free entrys to win stuff. Hubby went nuts-like a little kid at a candy store. Greg also got to pick up some tools at Costco; He also hit it big at the local Wally-Mart as he found some Ford collector toy cars he got on sale; (his collection grows) I looked at D&B purses at Macy's to decide which I want to buy for our Europe trip; So the day wasn't a total waste. Got to spend it with my favorite dog and my favorite guy!

But as I had forgotten my grocery list at home, we didn't get anything even though we were at the store. It's dangerous to go shopping without a list!


We returned home via way of Spirit Lake, but they had just oiled & re-paved the road, and hubby happened to drive into it. Now we have oil on the truck and have to get it detailed... again.

Then, I tried to get on http://www.guavaberry.com/ to order the Guava Liquer that our friends had the other night. Oh divine alcoholic berry! Yum. But the site froze up on me. So maybe later I will get back to it again.


But I did get to order our new bed. Here it is. Hopefully we get it in less than the 10-30 days shipping they predict. After we get our new TV mounted on the wall, we will be living like pigs in swaller! (that means living the high life; lifestyles of the ultra not rich & famous!)


So hang around, see what happens. Maybe I will get my internet connection to work. My favorite Coffee House in CDA was sold; so no hanging out drinking java & surfin' the 'net-boo hoo.


Joanie & I have a girl date to go to the Farmer's Market in CDA on Saturday. Hopefully, we will have lots of fun.


Talk at ya later!

2 comments:

kallen1105 said...

I love your bed... I've been looking for an iron bed black... where did you order it from?..
Thanks
kallen1105@yahoo.com

Sledgin said...

It really has been up and down hasn't it! hope you are smiling today sweety!

What a gorgeous bed! Love it.

Selena x