Sunday, July 01, 2007

July 1st - And The Heat is On


It's the first of July. And I'm sitting here, freezing my butt off; we have the fireplace stoked up and running. It's probably never going to be summer here.

We attended Live Free or Die Hard last night. $9.50 each to go to the movies. We actually got change back from our $20. And then hubby-bubby wanted popcorn. I got a diet water. Yum. We met our friends at the entrance. Our favorite place to park at this theatre is back by the dumpsters. Nobody else parks there, so we don't get door-chopped; it is an easy in/out; and a very convenient short walk.

The guys sat together, so I struggled down the aisle to sit by the girls. We chatted for a while and it was fun (different) to sit beside someone other than my husband. But I got so excited during the movie that I had to grip the sides of my chair instead of my dear spouse's arm. And I actually hit Megan a couple of times because I was so excited. Usually the hubby gets my comments and hits, but I didn't have him there. Afterwards apologizing for using her arm; which she entirely understood...We all went out to Chili's where we got salsa/chips/mozarella cheese sticks/enchiliada soup (sorry Kelsey) and drank alcohol!

We returned home quite late and when Greg opened the door; Isabelle was there impatiently awaiting our return. Rowr...rowr Rohwr....she was SO upset that mommy and daddy had left her by herself. Poor little thing. She gets so upset. Such an emotional dog. If anybody had asked me 10 years ago that I would be mothering a neurotic, psycho dog...I would have looked at them as if they had lost their marbles. Me? No way. But there I was...soothing and comforting a poor little baby that had been so nervous while we were away.

After getting into bed last night after 2PM, we slept late this morning. Greg watched his auto-shows on tv. We relaxed around home for a while and then ventured on-line to purchase our tickets to the UK via AirFrance. It was necessary to call the kids to confirm the dates; so I tried repeatedly to phone. First I received a wrong number...after confirming that I had not fat-fingered the buttons; I dialed again. Only to receive a notice that the number I was calling was disconnected. Duh. After hitting the re-dial button, Matty answered. Only he could not hear me over the phone and hung up.

Handing off the receiver to my hubby as I fumed in disgust...(why can't I make a simple phone call...Verizon hates me as much as I hate them...odd how I can hate an entity?...) Greg simply pushed the re-dial button and was immediately connected to the kids. While chatting about their BeerFest 2007; See their Drunk Relay Race on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqfUHO5mKL0) Racing down to drink a beer; then twirling around 5 times; only to run back to hand it off to your team member. God. What it is to be young and dumb!

But we finally got our tickets purchased. YIPPEE! We are officially going. So now we have to wait until SEPTEMBER for our passports to get here. Fast American bureaucracy!

I tried to user my weed eater on the massive amounts of debris in our yard as it has been constantly raining; so everything is waist high (almost)...and the trimmer started smoking-then actively burning. While thinking in disgust of the amount of money I wasted on the stupid thing, I calmly unplugged it; then doused it in the water barrel.

Greg & Isabelle spent a little while at the shop while I was fighting with my Toro trimmer. They came home and we all got cleaned up to take the boat out on the water in Bayview. We fed the ducks and returned home afterwards. It was a fun ending to the day.

If you would like my Patriotic-Stars; Get them HERE.

8 comments:

PSharp said...

Great stars. Thank you.

xashee's corner said...

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL weekend!! Thanks so much for sharing your fun stars! oh i can hardly wait for your UK trip!! lol Don't forget your camera, tho!!! lol Have a GREAT day!

Joanna said...

It´s funny what pets can do to one´s heart!!!
Thanks a lot for the stars.

Heather said...

Thank you for all the good 4th of July stuff! I have a huge Ind. Day freebie kit on my blog which I originally made to scrap the tons of pics that I know I will take this Wed, but now I like a lot of your elements better, so they will be making the appearance on my pages instead. I watched your daughter's relay video and I have to say that my husband and I still haven't grown out of that stage, lol. Thanks again for sharing!

Shell said...

Happy 4th! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

OMG im dying laughing. UK huh... just a two hr flight to Denmark from there ya know hint hint. Wanna have coffee? My kids would love your dog. Is doggie coming with? Probably a good idea to take face masks when you go to the movies next time for parking the car.

melothria@gmail.com said...

Thank you for the stars, the national celebration here is the 14th of July and I think I'll be able to use your stars because there will be blue white and red everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Purdy stars - thanks so much for sharing your goodies with me!