Monday, February 19, 2007

Wons

Wons is Snow backwards.

Which is what is going on right now. About 6 inches fell today and then the rain came. And then the melting. This was the heaviest snow I have ever seen. The winds are starting to blow and it is beastly cold out right now.

I remember watching a snow movie that was incredibly interesting...a suspense thriller called Smilla's Sense of Snow starring Julia Ormond, dishy Gabriel Byrne (he was excellent in The Usual Suspects) and Richard Harris even guest stars. If you ever get the chance to rent this...please do. It is a great movie.

Went into town today and got my nails done. It is so uber convenient to find a nail place "Happy Nails" that is here instead of way over in Spoky-Jo. Then we nipped over to the Wally-World and picked up some groceries.

We saw some sweetly wonderful Easter dresses for babies, that I almost bought because they were only $8.96. But Greg looked at me as if I was out of my ever-living mind. Yeah. We have no grandkids. And the dress would have hung in the closet 4-ever...but it was just SO devine!

Afterwards, we stopped at Wendy's for cheeseburgers for Isabelle (the dog) and then took Greg to Physical Therapy. I am happy to let everyone know that he is feeling much better. He has actually made it through THREE DAYS without pain meds! Whoopie! Celebrate! So the shot did help. He has another shot in his L6 disc on March 29. Then hopefully will return to work on April 2? It is so nice to see him without physical pain. A friend of ours stopped by the other day that has not seen him since November. She said that she could see the changes wrought in his face by being in pain all the time. He is greyer, with more age lines. The pain has settled into his whole demeanour. It is difficult to comprehend that pain takes over your whole psyche.

While I live with him everyday and don't notice the daily changes, it has made me so happy that I have definitely seen the evidence that he is walking better, sitting better, and is in a better frame of mind.

So when we came home, I worked a little bit on a new freebie I have been thinking about. It will be fun to do. I think I will give another freebie away on Wednesday.

By the way...my Wire Mesh Heart freebie was mentioned on the "Scrapping With Ikea Goddess" blogspot. Kinda made me feel all gushy in the heart. So sweet.

Watched CSI Miami with the hubby tonight after I had done 1 hour on the elliptical. Boy, am I going to be in great bikini shape this summer.

I am terribly tired and will be going to bed soon.