Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day

So Greg got a card & a latte for me when he ran into town this morning. Curt (barista) surprised him with a belated Christmas present for me...a black cooking apron with "don't MAKE me poison your dinner" on it. So Cute. Curt is a sweet guy.

Then we went into town so Greg could have another spinal injection into his L5 disc. We stopped on the way to drop off chocolates to the girls at the chiropractor's office; and after we stopped to pick up at latte in CDA and dropped off more chocolates to the girl at our favorite stand there. Kirsten was thrilled; and kept thanking us for the gift. I showed her our family picture pointing Kelsey out to her and explained that she was my Valentine's gift 22 years ago. Kirsten told me that I was "pretty" in the picture and she kept repeating it. "You're so pretty".

We then made a detour to the Safeway grocery store and picked up a huge pizza for $6.99; with a free litre of pop; and a quick stop at the Pastry & More Bakery to pick up Valentine heart cookies and cakes. (see pic). Yummy. Mine had raspberry in it; and Greg picked up one with lemon in it.

When we returned home, I did 1 1/2 hours on my elliptical and then we ate our pizza by candlelight while holding hands. What could be more romantic?

Oh. By the way. I got my Roomba. No More Vacuuming For Me!

It started snowing tonight and we have more than 1 inch already. And I am ALREADY sick and tired of hearing about poor, poor upstate New York getting over 100 inches. The first year we moved to Idaho...we got over 210 inches of snow. Yes. Two One Zero. TWO HUNDRED AND TEN INCHES OF SNOW! So quit your fucking whining already. I have NO sympathy for you at all.

I didn't get to talk to my baby today as we were at the doctor's office for over 2 hours. And got home late. I'm sorry baby. I will try to call you tomorrow.