Monday, February 12, 2007

Bert & the Bracelet

Bert (who is my father-in-law's girlfriend) has long out-paced my deceased mother-in-law in the MIL sweepstakes.

In the mail today, I received a absolutely beautiful bracelet from her. It is even in silver; which is my favorite metal. This is not the greatest picture, but you get the idea. Bert did not have to do this for me, but she is an absolute wonderful doll! I really enjoy visiting with her, and she makes an effort to communicate with us even though Greg's dad does not. She acts like a normal person instead of the prissy-ass stuck-up witch that Greg's mother was. I hate to speak ill of the dead; but there is not ONE pleasant moment that I remember spending with Mary. She hated her life, and she made sure that everyone else's life was ruined while she was with them.

Even though she has to go to a neighbor's home to log onto a computer and get her e-mail, Bert manages to keep in contact with us at least twice a month. She likes to call and even sent a birthday box and check to Kelsey. She keeps Marv in line...which is pretty difficult. I have NO clue where Greg got to be so easy-going...because the rest of his family is an uptight freaky mess. His dad has diabetes yet eats candy by the pound...and Greg's brother has already had 2 nervous breakdowns.

So I am dearly thankful for this woman. She is the mother in law that I deserved. The MIL that I should have had in the first place. The caring, sweet, wonderful woman that finds time for a family that is not even hers. She has a permanent place in my heart.

1 comment:

Mellykat said...

Wow. I'm glad you got a good one this time around. I had thee best mother-in-law but she passed away a couple years ago. We miss her every day. She was irreplaceable.

I'm enjoying visiting at NDISB and have enjoyed your posts as I've gone along in the race. It's a fun place!

Now I'm going to read more of your blog...

Mellykat :)