Friday, February 02, 2007

Shop Groupies

My computer has been being the stupidest poopy head for the last 2 days. It’s been overcast here. And my dumb Satellite internet is the slowest ever. I think even the dial-up was faster than what I have been experiencing.
_ _ _ _ _
Its about 5-10 minutes for a page to load. Forget about downloads. I started ONE little download last night before bed. It still wasn’t finished this morning!
_ _ _ _ _
The kids called TWICE today. Kelsey called once to let us know that they were OK as I had sent her an email. She hadn't blogged since Sunday and I had gotten no email from her. Then Matt called to chew the bull. It is so very nice to have a son-in-law that I am able to talk with. He doesn't stutter as if he is scared of me, he's not afraid to talk about "taboo" subjects, and he honestly has a CONVERSATION. He gives and receives input.
_ _ _ _ _
I know. This is pretty pathetic. Can't go for 5 days without talking to them.
_ _ _ _ _
It is SO very heartwarming that Greg has a Shop Group now. Joe brought a recliner. (kinda dumb looking, but hey! it's Greg's shop-he can do what he likes) and most of the guys stop by after work every night. Joe is our landscaper/excavator, Curt from the Latte stand, and Bruce the 5th grade teacher. What a diverse bunch of guys! They shoot the bull, work on trucks, and do whatever it is that guys do when they get together as buddies.
_ _ _ _ _
Bruce kept driving by our place to and from work, he saw all the Ford oriented vehicles around the shop, so he just stopped one day. He got along with Greg and now he has been hanging around for about a year now. His wife Joanie is just a wonderful woman. Great friends. How very odd the whole world is when it comes to people & relationships.
_ _ _ _ _
Greg went to his physical therapy/masseuse at 5:00 tonight. It was pretty late. He had re-arranged his whole schedule today as he was to look at a 1/2 cab Bronco in Deer Park, WA. But the old guy that was selling it called to tell Greg that he had just sold it to the neighbor even though he told Greg to come get it today. So I teased the hubby about missing the "deal of the century". Ya know. Like the little old lady that only drove the car to church and back, then ends up selling this car for $100 after her husband dies. The automotive urban myth.
_ _ _ _ _
Well, Greg ended up leaving the dog at home. Boy, was she pissed off. Poor little thing. I brought her in the house after Greg came up from the shop; and she had a pig ear to eat. When she had finished snacking, she ran to the door-whining, thinking that daddy would be waiting for her.
So I let her out,
and she looked for his truck with this sad face,
and I told her "daddy left".
Isabelle was Devastated.
The look on her face was so tragic it was comical~
She then trotted down to the shop and I had to let her in about 15 minutes later. The poor dog realized that she had been abandoned.
Trudging up the stairs, you could just see the dejection in her body.
When Greg returned home, she even refused to come greet him until I cajoled her.
_ _ _ _ _
Today, I finished my last LayOut for the Amazing Digi Scrapping Race at Natural Designs in Scrapbooking. http://www.ndisb.com I just don't know what I will have to look forward to in the future now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about those nice people who invited you to England for the holidays this year? Isn't that something to look forward to? I decided I will blog today, so keep your eye peeled.

Theresa said...

yay, Bob is blogging again. I mean really blogging. Out of your drug-induced fog? Or maybe not since everything looks a little off...

Mellykat said...

Haha I love your blog...you make me laugh.

My hubs is a truck guy too...has an '87 Bronco. Bought it from an old lady for a hundred bucks. hahahaha

I'll be back for more. Please keep blogging.

Mellykat :)