Friday, January 26, 2007

Thru The Years


Karen, the excellent office help at our Chiropractor's office has gotten so busy lately with all their work, that they hired an assistant to come in on M-W-F. Kelly is a cute little girl. And I mean little. She is only about 5' tall, blonde hair. I didn't ask her age, but I think she is about 20. Which got me to thinking about back when I was 20.

So here is what hubby-bubby and I looked like when we were VERY young.

We met in college. We were friends, but not best-friends. And certainly NOT best- friends with benefits.

This picture was the 2nd half of "I go to the wedding you have to attend; then you go with me to the wedding I have to attend." I believe that his wedding was for a friend of his. This wedding was for my best friend in college-Bev & her fiancee, John; I had been on/off dating the groom's best friend, Kirk. John & Kirk were really big into motorcycles at this time, and it was easier when they went out, that I hopped on behind Kirk on his cycle. I suppose we just fell into being together because of that. We had nothing in common. He almost never called or came to see me. I think a lot of it was influenced by the fact that he was OLDER and had a HOUSE already. But I was upset because of his ignoring me, and I wanted to demonstrate that somebody wanted me.

At the time, it was quite a coup for me to bring Greg to the wedding as Greg was taller, better looking (in my opinion) and nicer. In addition, Greg had this amazing Ford Granada. (I will try to find a pic.) He was so hot showing up in that car. Kirk just drove a beat-up Toyota pickup. (if I had thought about it at the time, it was probably all he could afford-with the house, and cycle payments...) They were both equally well-endowed, but I didn't know that at the time. (C'mon. I don't sleep with EVERYBODY on the first date!)

Pretty much after this, I didn't even think about the other guy anymore. I suppose you noticed that my hair was bleach-blonde. Well. That is a phase I went through. Instead of tattoos, I had different hair colors.

So as we progressed in our relationship, I wanted to go back to my original hair color. And when I went to my hairstylist, she reverse-frosted it. And this was what I had to live with. I even took several old photos in to the appointment with me so they could get an idea of what I had before the bleach. For some odd reason, they thought that my hair had been grey before...

Further observation shows that Greg was very tall, muscle bound and solid. He had always been overweight as a child, and teen; but he had a job at a manufacturing plant building concrete sewers. So he was really getting a workout everyday.

I really HATE that my photos are old, discolored, and creased/torn. It is very difficult to find anything worth salvaging. Plus, when we moved here, a majority of our stored belongings were damaged in the spring-melt. We lost tons of pictures and lots of irreplacable items. Like a quilt that his grandmother made. And Kelsey's woobie-blanket.

The dark navy blue dress pictured above had a handkerchief cut and I just adored it as it showed off my boobs quite well. All the guys got quite a look at my cleavage, and as I had to go braless, it was quite a benefit. Plus it really hugged my body and I wanted to show that I was quite skinny. (as I had been heavier during high school. not fat, but heavier than was popular back then-I lost quite a lot before college) The point to this whole paragraph is that Greg did NOT like the dress. He didn't like the cut or the color. Go figure.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

You were such a cute couple!! Although, you DO know that Kelsey reads your blog right? Does she really need to know her dad is well endowed? I'm perfectly blissful being ignorant of the size of my dad's schlong.

Anonymous said...

Ewwww! Penis comments gross! You couldn't even put a warning in there for me?
Anyway, on with the compliments. You and Dad were so cute. It's kinda weird to look at old pictures of you two. I look a lot like you did then, still have dad's cheeks though. And ha ha! Look at dad's lapels!!! ROFL! Thanks for the memories. It always means a lot to me to hear about you at my age.