Monday, January 01, 2007

Best Birthday in Years

Yesterday, Greg woke me up with the "family tradition" of a hostess cupcake with candle served while I was in bed. He sang Happy Birthday to me as the candle flickered. I blew out the candle and made my birthday wish. What better way to start a birthday morning!
Then he and Isabelle ran to get lattes.

I read through all my email and got a real surprise when I found that my baby had digi-scrapped a happy birthday page for me and posted it at DST. I have the best baby in the whole wide world!

Also a cute computer e-card from my best digi-scrap friend, Bernadette. We hope to make it to the UK this year (2007) and I want desperately to visit Bernadette then. Thank you SO much for the card, B!!

Another bunch of emails from the digi-shops wishing me a happy birthday, and also a very special email from my other friend, Theresa. Thanks T! You're the best!

I opened my presents and then the phone rang. It was Bruce. He wondered if he and his wife, Joanie could come up and bring their card for us.

So we cleaned up the house a little, and got some little snacks ready for them. They arrived at about 4pm and after talking for a while (Greg couldn't wait to show everybody his CARS dvd) we played some fast and furious games of Yahtzee. Poor Bruce lost so many times. He was a great sport, tho.

We dined on bbq chips, beef salami, crab, chocolate truffles, and wine.

As I read back on the last paragraph, I wonder where the days went of yore when we drank until we threw up, and partied in the new year. Well, maybe next year.

While they were over, Kelsey & Matt called to brag that it was 2007 THERE, but we were still in the 2006 year! How funny. They also wished me a happy birthday.

We didn't get to ring the New Year in with them as they wanted to be home before the noise disturbed their dogs. So Greg & I watched the ball in NY drop as a very OLD Dick Clark narrated.

Greg got me several Pfaltzgraff plates (which I was very disappointed to find that a "made in china" stamp had replaced the Pfaltzgraff factory embeded stamp. So I won't be purchasing their stoneware anymore. After 25+ years of collecting (almost) everything in the Yorktowne pattern, I was quite peeved.

I also got the cutest looking snowman...and after Kelsey getting me snowmen last year, I suppose I now have a snowman collection going?

A new SanDisk 1.0GB for my new Christmas camera, pink batteries for my camera, a couple calendars, a cute little card were amongst my other birthday gifts.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Pink batteries? That's like lingerie for your camera, eh?

Okay, e-mail me pumpkin so we can get started on our first challenge. Time's a wastin'!

Anonymous said...

ROFL! Lengerie for the camera! Ha!
Shouldn't Dick Clark be one of those heads in a jar like on Futurama by now?