Sunday, January 07, 2007

Rock Paper Scissors

My beloved husband, having attained a very decrepit age has never ever heard of the game Rock/Paper/Scissors. When we were watching the coverage on TV of the RPS in Canada the other day, he turned and gave me this blank stare. He had never played this while a child. So I taught him how to do it, and we listened to the show which gave the actual rules. Then we vigorously played a few games.

In the news, a massive avalanche hit Berthoud Pass in Colorado. How many times I remember driving through there on our way to and from Winter Park for snow skiing. It was a very dangerous, scary area. Especially one night when it was snowing, there was a massive amount of traffic, and the snow was so heavy that you couldn't see a foot in front of the car. Greg was driving and I can recall being scared out of my wits.

Berthoud Pass has always been a very bad area for traffic as there was also another accident there in the 90s when a road construction crew worker was moving boulders and accidentally rolled one onto a Greyhound bus. The authorities later said that the boulder was the size of VW car. There were lots of people that died and I remember one young German male tourist was in a coma from his injuries. His poor mother had to come to the States to visit him, and the hospital finally made arrangements to get him to Germany. However, he died shortly afterwards. Such a tragic incident.

It has been a while since I last blogged, but nothing interesting has been happening here. I have been fanatically looking for a book, of which I can only remember a little of the plot line. So I have been eliminating my books gradually by looking through each one. Have you ever had this, where you remember just a little bit of something, but not all of it? My husband looked for an article in a car magazine when he was younger, and he took all day purusing the periodicals in his room until finally asking his brother if he had seen any magazines. His brother admitted to having the magazine in his room in a drawer!

When I was in my 20s, I had a very good memory. I could remember lots of telephone numbers, recall numbers from invoices in our business, and recite to the penny how much our bills were each month.

Now I'm lucky if I remember to get up in the morning!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

did you remember to get up? Didja?