Saturday, August 10, 2013

Hubby's Vac Day & Kids 10-Year Reunion

FRIDAY

Got up and made eggs for dogs. Made sandwich & latte for hubby. Let him borrow my cup because we are all out of latte cups.

I got everything cleaned up, started laundry & dishes. I went outside to mow the rest of the dog yard. There was a rock that popped up and hit my leg. I had to come inside because it swelled up and would not stop bleeding.

Bruised & bleeding left leg

Now the lawn is done and looks great. A plastic piece of the lawn mower fell off.

Then I rested for 15 minutes. Went outside to pick up all the dog poo.

Once the dog poo was picked up, I  helped hubby clean out the fish tank.

Fish are clean & happy. Clear water at least for a couple days!!!

Loaded dogs up in the Excursion and loaded the lawn mower up on the trailer. We drove up to Sagle and dropped the lawn mower off at Bob's Yard Machine Repair. He said he would look at it and have it fixed in a week.

We stopped off at the Careywood Post Office and I went inside to get 3 dozen eggs. Then we drove the back way to Farragut Park and took the dogs for a walk around the sewage pond area.

The dogs were awfully hot and required lots of water. Isabelle kept walking slower and slower. She finally made it back ok. She drank lots of water.

We drove to Athol and hubby made his Victory Auto bill, then we stopped at the Vet's office so that I could get Isabelle's painkillers. Then also purchased County license tags for Lil Bit & Isabelle because they were set to expire.

When we got home, we picked up the mail. Unloaded the dogs.

We watched tv for a little while, then hubby had to go into town to pick up a truck and stop at CN Diesel. I stayed home with the dogs while he was gone.

KRN came at 6:00 with her jeep & Bravo. She unloaded stuff into our fridge for safe-keeping. Then Matt came about an hour later. KRN took a shower, Matt went down to see how hubby was doing at the shop.

I printed out KRN's paperwork for their Scavenger Hunt.

Matt accidentally broke the step on the deck when some boards rotted thru. KRN went out to get her hairbrush and fell thru the step, breaking her big toenail. It split in two. I went down to the shop to get Matt and he commiserated with her hurt toe. We put a bandaid & ice on it.

Matt kinda fixed the step. Hubby will have to repair it tomorrow.

Kids went to bed at 10:00.

It started raining about 10:30. It rained really hard. Just poured. Everything smells like mold again. Too much rain.


SATURDAY

I got up when all the dogs woke us up, it was 7:15. We had slept late!!! So I went down stairs and turned on the espresso machine and fell asleep on the couch again until 8:15. KRN came up the stairs and was in the bathroom which woke me up. I sat up on the couch and she was not expecting me to be awake. We both looked at each other and laughed.

Guys got up and I made breakfast. Made latte. Kids got all their stuff together and left. They were going to their 10-year high school reunion in CDA at Broadmore Park. Hope they have fun.

Kids got back around 3PM, then KRN told me all about the fun they had. Hubby was down at the shop and had said that he would be back by 3PM so that we could go to the Spokane RV Show at the Fairgrounds. But by 4PM, he was still not home, so I went down to check on him. He was talking to our friend Leo.

We came back to the house and KRN was cutting up the watermelon they bought & the strawberries. Then they got dressed to go out for dinner at the Iron Horse Saloon in CDA. They were also going to bar-hop with their Scavenger Hunt for the adults of their 10-year Reunion.

There was no sound and we did not hear the dogs bark all night. We assumed that the kids had not come home. However, KRN was severely drunk & threw up in the front yard; Matt could not get the door unlocked downstairs, so he brought her around upstairs. They went to bed very late.






No comments: