Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Most Unfortunate Day

SUNDAY

Dogs refused to let us sleep in and we were both wide awake by 6AM. So we got up and I made breakfast sandwich & latte for hubby. Then we sat outside on the deck for a while. It was too windy & cold so we came inside. We watched The 80s on FUSE TV for a while. It was interesting to see all the old music videos already decaying.

I weighed myself and was astonished to see that I had already lost 11 pounds! High Five to me!

We took the dogs for a walk in the park at the Shooting Range road. They were very good and we stressed the importance of walking & sitting. Doing very well. Ben is still just as anxious as ever...

Then we came home, fed the fish, fed the deer, cleaned up and packed things for the boat. Hubby was in a "mood". He kept sniping at me.

We cut hubby's hair and I took care of his ear hair (yuck). Then we packed up Bud & Ben and took the FMF to the boat. Finally leaving the house at 12:00. We stopped on the way at the Fruit Stand in Sagle.

When we arrived at the Marina, we took the dogs for a walk and I had to potty. We sat on chairs while waiting for Ron to come up to the store; another guy with a off-leash golden retriever came up and Bud decided he wanted to see the dog. He pulled me out of my chair, resulting in a gash to my knee. I was okay, but Bud needs to get these actions under control. He doesn't want to fight the dog, he is just over eager to see the other dog!

Then when we were beginning to clean on the boat, hubby handed me the vacuum over the back of the boat and Bud knocked my left knee backwards trying to get away.  He was scared of the vacuum for some obscure reason! So I was hurting and unable to walk for the rest of the day.

The wind on the water was already creating huge waves with white caps, but it only got worse as we stayed. Hubby did not want to take the boat out. Neither did I. So after we cleaned, we sat & hubby had snacks for a  while. It just got hotter & hotter outside.

There was a dog without shade or water tied up to a truck, we notified Ron and he said that the owners had just gone out to their boat. However, nobody came back for the dog. We were going to leave water for it, but some dumb young kid smoking a cigarette finally came out to care for the dog. We talked to him and then he went back to his truck and walked the dog around.

I was not feeling good, so we left by 4:00.

When I got home, I had a hot bath to soothe my knee. It did not help. I took aspirin.

Hubby unloaded everything then made his stuff on the grille. He grilled sausage links. He grilled Asparagus. He grilled his hamburger, onion, cheese, potato that he had put in a foil boat.

Then we settled down to watch tv for a while, but both of us were exhausted and fell asleep on the couches. We went up to bed at 9:00. Hubby complained about going to bed so early, but I insisted.

I got up to pee around midnight. He got up because he had foot cramps after that; he took some aspirin.

No comments: