Saturday, December 27, 2014

WINTER STORM WARNING

SATURDAY
12-27-2014

Got up at 7:30; made egg breakfast for dogs. Made 2 egg sandwiches for hubby. Then we got dressed and headed down to town for lattes.

Took dogs to walk in park around road on campground side. It was lightly snowing.

Drove back home and hubby got out at the shop. I took dogs down and unloaded them. I took down the winter decorations outside - the deer, the snowman, the dogs, and the holiday signs. Put them under the deck to take inside later.

Changed clothes and met hubby with the Excursion at the shop. He drove me to my nail appointment. Snow is coming down heavier now. I got my nails done from 11:15 - 11:45. Then we got lattes at Jitterz and picked up Pizza Hut pizzas that hubby had ordered. We drove back home.

Went inside house and gave dogs some sausage log & ham slices because we had forgotten to get hamburgers.

I was getting ready to make crab cakes but hubby came back to house and said he needed to go into CDA for parts. Really snowing heavy now. We took the red dually.

Drove to town. Cars going slow on Hwy 95. Saw a couple wrecks. Picked up parts and then drove back again. More car wrecks. We came home the back way via Boekel.

At home it had snowed about a foot already. Hubby took the grey truck to the shop. I shoveled the decks 3 times and it piled up again. I finally gave up by 4:00PM.

High of 31 degrees.

I shoveled the decks again by 6:00PM and then walked down to the shop to get hubby. He was drinking beer with Tim. I told him to come home. I walked back home and he drove both the Red Dually & the Grey Dodge back to the house.

We shoveled again by the time he got home. Did a nice little walk area for the dogs so they can potty if it gets too deep. Plus a little walking lane out to the woods for them.

My back had gone out right after finishing shoveling, it hurt so bad that I sat on a heating pad for the rest of the night.

Piles of snow came off the roof, but hubby decided to wait until morning to shovel there on the side deck. We went to bed at 11:30.








No comments: