Monday, December 15, 2014

Recap of the Weekend

SATURDAY
12-13-2014

Got up at 8:00, dogs would not let us sleep in any longer! I made eggs for dogs, egg sandwich for hubby.

Then hubby watched a couple shows on tv before getting dressed. We drove to the latte stand for drinks, then took the dogs to the park for a walk.

Drove to Bayview to feed the ducks. Also fed a bunch of Canadian geese. Huey & Dewey were there, but Louie looked quite sick. Louie stayed in the water and did not eat much.

By 11:00, we were back. Unloaded dogs. Hubby went to work down at shop.

I got ready and went to my nail appointment at 12:15. I got another latte at Jitterz. Then went to get my toenails painted with red & put little white snowflakes on them. Got my nails redone to a much shorter length to see what I will have to wear when taking massage classes.

At 2:00, I was done and on my way. Picked up dog burgers at McDonalds, picked up pizza for the guys at Pizza Hut. Goodwill was closed so I could not drop off the bags to donate.

Came home, picked up mail, and dropped off the pizza to the guys. Gave a hamburger to Jack, Mark's dog at the shop.

I fed the dogs their burgers.

Then I went outside and fed the deer.

Hubby came home at 6:00 and we watched tv for the rest of the night.


SUNDAY
12-14-2014

Got up at 8:30. I made eggs for dogs, egg sandwich for hubby.

Picked up drinks at the latte stand, took the dogs for a walk in the park. Getting colder.

Then we went to Bayview to feed the ducks. Louie was not there. We are scared that he might be sick or dead.

Hubby took out the old dishwasher and forgot to turn off the water line underneath the sink. It started spraying water everywhere. Good thing I had taken everything out from under the sink. He finally got the water turned off. We had to vacuum up the water, wipe the rest down with towels, and then put fans on everything.

The old machine WAS actually hard-wired so the installers COULD have put it in like they were PAID to do.

Hubby managed to put the old spout from the other dishwasher on the end of the copper water line so that it would not leak.

He called Home Depot to complain and eventually a guy called back to tell us that we would have to wait until Monday to talk with somebody to schedule another installation.

Hubby drank a beer to calm down.

We put together the Saint Bernard pulling the Christmas sled lights and put it outside later. I put timers on most of the lights outside.

We also fed the deer.

Hubby surfed the internet on his laptop and we watched tv until we went to bed at 9:30.


MONDAY
12-15-2014

Got up at 8:30 and dressed. I was unable to make breakfast because the water was still disconnected. So we readied the dogs for a dog walk, went to pick up lattes in Athol and drove to the park.

The sun was shining today, but it was much colder. Only 36 when we walked. We stayed out in the sun and walked around the water tower.

We stopped and fed some ducks & Canadian geese. No sign of Huey, Dewey or Louie.

Came back home and I changed clothes & picked up my purse. We drove to Rathdrum and got lattes at Jitterz. Got hamburgers for the dogs at McDonalds because I could not breakfast for everyone today. I fed them the burgers at Jitterz.

We went to Corbin Park in Post Falls to walk the dogs some more. It was windy & shady down by the river. We did a quick walk. I had to pee by a tree 1/2 into the walk.

Bernice called from Home Depot. I explained that they needed to bring out a new dishwasher since the one they delivered had a scratch on the front door. She whined about 48 hours to return & nonsense about the manufacturer would not take it back from Home Depot. I told her we were thoroughly angry & upset that the original installers were so STUPID or LAZY that they did not install it. We still had not gotten our install refund from 10 days ago! So she said she would talk to her manager and get a solution then call back. Duh. WHY call me in the first place! Idiot people.

Afterwards, we went to the Army/Navy Surplus in CDA to check on a wool coat for me, but they did not have any. Crying baby in the store got on my nerves. Saw the owner take his dog thru the store. Petted the dog.

Hubby got a call back from Bernice and she said they would have ABC Appliance replace the front door of the new dishwasher and that Home Depot would refund the install fee plus refund us $75 for the trouble that we had gone thru. About time! WHY do we have to pull teeth to get customer SERVICE???

Stopped at Big Lots to get red LED lights, 2 light timers, a Barbie & a remote controlled off-road Silverado truck (for Chad's kids).

We shopped at Costco and got paper towels, toilet paper, etc. The line was too long for a hot dog so I told hubby that I would take him to PauPau's kitchen. We walked the dogs in the Costco parking lot before we left.

Instead of staying in town, we decided to drive home and drop off the dogs. They had been sitting in the truck too long.

We drove home, there was a guy waiting to see hubby at the shop so I dropped him off there and went to the house to unloaded everything. I fed the deer.

At 3:00, I went back to the shop and told hubby we had to leave in time for his Dr appt.

We took the Red Dually back into town with Bud only.

Picked up deer food at the Farmer's home on Hayden Avenue. Got 2 bags.

Stopped at the Columbia Bank ATM so hubby could pick up some cash. Picked up lattes at Jitterz and the girl made my drink WRONG. She filled hubby's drink with foam! We did not have enough time to go back and have them corrected because we had to get to hubby's 4:15PM Dr appt. Had to pay with a credit card because hubby had no cash! After the appointment, we went back and corrected my latte. Stopped at the Columbia Bank ATM so hubby could pick up some cash.

Picked up dog food, deer food, a pig ear for Bud and some bolts for hubby. Bud nosed a box full of dog cookies & dropped them on the floor. He scooped up some of the broken pieces to eat. Bad dog! LOL.

We went to PauPau's to eat. Hubby had Kung Pao chicken while I ordered the Sweet & Sour chicken. It was pretty warm in the restaurant and LOTS of people were coming in to get their pick-up orders! After we were done, we went back to Wendy's to get dog burgers where they only gave us 3 out of the 4 we ordered. We had to drive around again and instead of giving a complimentary burger for our problems, they only gave us 1 burger. Assholes. No customer service & no going out of their way to retain customers!

Finally drove home around 7PM. Fed burgers to dogs.

Hubby installed our new dishwasher with only a little leaking of water. The new dishwasher actually works & does not leak!

Went to bed at 10:30. Tired.









No comments: