Saturday, December 06, 2014

JAZZ CONCERT

FRIDAY
12-5-2014

Got up after hubby left for work. Hubby had the "jimmy" shake leg all night long. I could not get any sleep.

Fed the fish. Fed the deer.

I cleaned up the house. They are supposed to deliver the new dishwasher today.

At around 2:30, the delivery guys called and they came out at 3:00 but because our old dishwasher was wired directly instead of being plugged into an outlet, they could not install the new one. They said we would have to call out an electrician.

So I had them leave the new dishwasher in the garage.

Hubby got home around 7:00 after picking up a truck. Then he went down to the shop to work.

Lil Bit sleeping on dog bed


I watched Z Nation and then went to bed at 9:00. Hubby came home and went to bed at 11:00.

SATURDAY
12-6-2014

I was awake every hour last night, having to get up and pee. Then I was hot & sweaty so I slept on the couch for an hour. Very uncomfortable all night.

We woke up to snow falling off the roof; Lil Bit came upstairs and whined to be put on the bed, Ben jumped up on the bed because he was scared of the snow hitting the deck.

Got up at 8AM and made eggs for dogs; made egg sandwich for hubby. Pulled out all the old food in the fridge and took it with us down to the park. Purchased lattes for both of us on the way to the park. Mine was mostly made with foam!

We walked in the campground area. It was slightly raining, slushy, but very warm. About 37 degrees by the time we walked.


Dog Prints at the park


After our walk, we drove down to the boat dock. The water was very dark blue. Cloudy out today. Then we drove to Bayview. Got out to feed the ducks & 1 lone Canadian goose some of our bread sticks that were still left over from Olive Garden last week. Hubby almost fell into the water when he checked out a boat that was in the marina. The ducks started to follow us off the docks. 

Came back and hubby went to the shop to work. I was at the house with the dogs. I did laundry, did dishes. Shaved my legs, curled my hair. Decided to run down to Bayview to the Craft fair at the Community Center.

I walked down to the shop to ask if hubby would take me over to Charles' shop to pick up the grey Dodge. So he drove me over. I came back and took Bud along with me. But I had forgotten to take money with me and had to drive all the way back home. I wasn't going to go back, but hubby told me to go anyway and gave me money. So Bud & I drove all the way back to Bayview and got the two reindeer that I had wanted to purchase. I will give one to Vera R because she saw one of these in the storage area of our Zipline ride and expressed the desire for one.

Craft Deer


Then I came home.

I ordered Lancome perfume for myself for an Xmas present.

Hubby called me around 3:00 and asked me to come down so he could drive a truck over to Charles' shop and follow him in the grey Dodge to bring him home. So I got dressed and we did that.

When I came back, I fed the deer. It was very dark outside.

I had to run down to the shop at 5:15 because hubby was not answering his phone. Mark's dog, Jack had torn up a box & was sleeping on the pieces. The concrete floor in the shop is probably pretty cold. Smart dog.

We got ready and I decided not to dress up; wore my old jeans.

Drove to Rathdrum and got lattes; then took the interstate to Spokane. We parked at our regular parking lot just West of the Bing.

It was crowded at the entrance because people were picking up tickets at Will Call. Hubby purchased a box of popcorn at the entrance. He wanted a snack. I pottied in the Balcony bathroom (it was COLD) and talked to a lady in there that was married to one of the trumpet players.

We went upstairs to the Wine Lounge called Ovations Wine Bar. Hubby convinced me to purchase a whole bottle of Riesling before the concert because we got there at 7:00 and had 30 minutes to wait. Hubby filled my glass to the rim & I spilled it on myself! 

When entering the Balcony, a lady directed us to the incorrect seats. We went up, and were supposed to go DOWN. We had great seats! Right at the edge of the balcony on the south side.

 Spokane Jazz Orchestra

The concert was wonderful, the musicians were highly talented and even Charlotte Carruthers was pretty good.

We left the concert by the back emergency exit and then went to get our truck at the Parking Ramp.

Drove to Rathdrum and hubby got dog burgers at McDonalds, then had to drive thru at Taco Bell. Got their rolled up chicken tacos, but at home found that they were several hours old and not edible. They had also not given us our spicy cheese dip; instead had given us some taco sauce...

We watched the news and went to bed at 11:30.









No comments: