Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Foster Dog

TUESDAY
JULY 15 2014

Got up and made egg sandwich for hubby, eggs for dogs.

Cleaned house some more, did dishes & a couple loads of laundry.

Went to get my nails done at 10:30; the appointment was for 11:30. Stopped at Jitterz to get a latte; then had my nails done, then got burgers for dogs at McDonalds, then got groceries at Super 1.

Came home and fed the dogs burgers. 

Angie from Second Chance Rescue called to ask if I would be interested in taking a Fawn Fila Brasileiro. She gave me a phone number of her client, Kathy. I called Kathy who was actually the mother-in-law of the people that wanted to give away the dog.

Then the daughter-in-law called me after she got off work. Her name is Michelle. Michelle said they were moving on Thursday and needed the dog gone. KoKo had Spay surgery from Kootenai Humane Society on Monday because they were going to give them the dog by Wednesday. Waiting until the last minute!

Hubby called me from CN Diesel at 5:30 and I told him I would meet him in town at Pat the Detailer's shop so that afterwards we could pick up KoKo.

Met hubby and he was hungry. We got Starbucks lattes because they were the only thing open at 7:12 at night. Then hubby got a Carl's Jr. chicken sandwich & combo.

We drove over to Canfield Avenue to pick up KoKo. The people are moving to Texas. Lots of little kids everywhere. KoKo came out dirty, starvingly skinny, and nervous. She got into our truck right away. Poor thing. Looks sorta like Isabelle. We got her home and introduced her to Maggie. They were OK, but she is dog aggressive to the male dogs.

KoKo barks constantly when left alone. We will just have to leave her alone & let her bark it out. However, I did sleep with her tonight in the laundry room so she could calm down. I have given her all her meds & will leave 1 for tomorrow.


No comments: