Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Foster Dog - Day 2

WEDNESDAY
JULY 16 2014

Got up early at 4:30; hubby woke us up and Lil Bit barked at the laundry room door. We went back to sleep for another 1.5 hours. Hubby woke us up again at 6:00. He had an attack of short & stubbies on his balls so he had to get up early and cut his crotch hair. Ugh.

I made breakfast for hubby and the dogs. Made extra so we could give to KoKo. She ate some of her food, but she is a MESSY eater. Maybe that is why they did not feed her?

Also cleaned up the chicken poop on the deck, fed the fish. Checked to make sure that deer had food.

Fed KoKo some ham with her pain killer pill in it.

Brushed KoKo. Washed KoKo. I don't think she has EVER had a bath.

KoKo after bath

Picked up dog poop in the back yard.

Took KoKo to visit the Vet at 12:00. They were busy so we had to walk around the yard. The mother-in-law, Kathy called me while I was there. Also Angie called me. I told Angie that she needed to set up another foster for KoKo because we could not keep her. I also cautioned the Sheriff's Animal Control officer that if KoKo got out, that she was mine because I was fostering her. She seemed not too concerned.

Vet Mike said KoKo is ok. Underfed. Had a past litter of puppies. Maybe multiple. Spay surgery incision looked fine. Loss of hair is from lack of protein and good food. She only weighs 113.1. Probably should weigh 130 a least; she is as big as Maggie. Dr Mike confirmed she is probably not a Fila; maybe a starved English Mastiff. She does not have Fila looks, Fila walk, or Fila narrow nose.


KoKo at the Vet

Took KoKo home. Called Kathy back again. She said maybe another rescue could take her. She will call me back. She confirmed abuse in the home of the dog & had been upset about it.

I sat with KoKo a lot today. She seemed to calm down. No more barking.

Hubby came home at 7PM. He rested & changed his clothes. We went for a walk in the park with KoKo & Maggie. It got really cool there. There were some people biking down there and they sounded like they were having fun.

We came home and hubby had dinner. Then we went to bed at 10:30. I was SO tired from not sleeping in my own bed last night.






No comments: