Tuesday, June 19, 2007

MIB - Missing in Blog

Various Thoughts That Popped Into My Head...



I was at http://www.beckersurf.com/ going through the cute little dresses on the site. There was this notice on some of the dresses featured:


“to help you select the proper size, we’ve supplied this information about the
model shown here: height-5’9" / weight-115lbs. / shirt size-small / pant-short
size 3 / swim small / rashguard-size 8 or small”

That means that for every inch in height, the model weighs 1.67 pounds. Think about it.

Plus…the image of the item is clear, but they have cut off the models head shots. Curious. Are the faces on the models horribly ugly so they don’t want to show them? Is it done to attract attention only to the clothes? If that is true, why not just use a dressmaker’s dummy, a mannequin, or a hanger?

While I was there, I purchased 3 cute little dresses. Plus…I want this one badly. It’s very pretty; but I think I like it more for the name…Paris in June! PS. They don't have it in my size-so I won't be able to get it.

You can really get a load of inspiration at beckersurf.com when you select the Gals page.
http://beckersurf.com/browse/productgroup.aspx?pgid=4 ; the colors, the overlays, the grunge!

When I am designing, I get carried off in tangents. I have several things already designed that I could probably release. Then I see something that makes me think… “I could do better than that”…or “that would be kinda neat if I did it this way”…so I go looking around on the ‘net to find neat stuff and I get distracted. Lots distracted. Oh well, I’m having fun!

I think at the end of July, I will get my belly-button re-pierced. It has already been done twice and both times, the piercing worked its way out. Maybe I just have weird skin and it won’t work. But I do want to try again. Both times, the piercing was not very deep. Maybe I should do it myself! LOL!

Kelsey-There is a Hollister store that is going in directly across from Victoria’s Secret at the Valley Mall! (when we came out of VS, there was a enormous construction board about 20 feet tall…with a young man sans shirt. Ummm. I almost fainted. Gosh…they should put warnings on those things…

So much to do so little time… have to get arranged to go to Son 'O Beach…August 24-26. Tons of early Broncos on the Oregon beach. Fun.

Then have to get tickets for the December Seattle to UK Trip to see the kids.


Whenever I see two commercials on television, I yearn to try out the restaurants. They are driving me nuts. The restaurants are not in our area. Not even in an area that we could even go to on a trip. So why are they taunting me with their delicious pictures of beer, crabs, steak? Urg.

- http://www.daveandbusters.com/
- http://www.joescrabshack.com/



Note-Isabelle actually started playing on her own tonight. She dug through her toy box to find her bushing at the bottom of it. She enjoyed tossing it around, teasing us with it, and making us chase her. It lasted for all of 10 minutes. Then she was done playing. She has a very short attention play span.


Here are my latest Vintage Cards. Hope you like them.




I had to break them up into 2 different files as they were too large. Get them HERE and
HERE.

36 comments:

Cyn said...

I have been looking forever for a frame like the one on the top right, I am so happy I finally found it! Thanks so much!

Lilaclady said...

thank you so much for the frames, they are wonderful and are such a wonderful adornment to some heritage photos that I plan on using them with, Thanks for sharing!! :-)

Mary Sue said...

Wonderfully grungy and just plain awesome! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I love your frames and you are so wonderfully generous with them. Thanks much!

Anonymous said...

awesome thanks so much!!

Anonymous said...

These are great thanks so much for sharing them! I just love reading your blog too.
Susie 2004

Being Mrs Miles said...

you make me LAUGH!!! Thanks for sharing your time, talent and funny little stories! I enjoy visiting your blog for the good read as much as your wonderful digital offerings!

xashee's corner said...

thanks so much for sharing your blog with us each day!!! i do enjoy your sense of humor! and thank you so much for sharing your talent too!! Have a GREAT day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again! -jsj

SAHM said...

Regarding the "cutting off the heads of the models," I've read that in some knitting magazines it was done so that there was more room for folks to see the pattern/texture of the sweater - basically a close up shot. I wouldn't be surprised if that company does the same thing - close-up view, which is what a lot of people prefer for the clothing. :-)

IkeaGoddess said...

Love it, thanks for sharing.

Gail said...

These frames are fabulous - LOVE them - thank you!

Anonymous said...

Where do I start?? So many vintage cards and so little time. Thanks for sharing this wonderful collection with us!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much - I adore frames, especially heritage style ones like these. They are much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous poertait cards !
Thanks so much !

Muka said...

thanks for all the great freebies you give us! as for the headless models, I am thinking they might be doing that for anonymity... but the dresses look better on a person than a hanger... or maybe they don't want to be bothered to photoshop the model's face as well as her body to ensure that she looks like a Barbie doll... LOL!

Shell said...

Thanks so much! D&B is so much fun & great food. Joe's is ok I liked the decor & the food was good too.

Unknown said...

Thanks !!! Beautiful frames...

Anonymous said...

These are so terrific! Thank you for being so generous.

Inma said...

The models issue might be what it's been suggested above: trying to get a better close up with enlarging to much the photo. :) The website is wonderful and it has beautiful clothes, fortunately they won't delivered to Ireland and will easily avoid the temptation. :)

Is Isabelle a very young dog if it's not to much to ask? That might be the reason she doesn't play alone and might want to play with other people or dogs. :)
The frames are wonderful, thanks so much for sharing them and best wishes. :o)

Anonymous said...

New to your site, and these are absolutely wonderful. I am also new to scrapbooking and I know I will enjoy using these very much.
Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to use these. They are great

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to your blog for such a long time...WHAT WAS I THINKING???!!! You always have some absolutely wonderful gifts...love 'em all...Thanks a million...and a million more for keeping the links active...;o)

Anonymous said...

Those are fab. Thank you. - Lori

Anonymous said...

Love the frames, thank you. Sue

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the frames

Unknown said...

Thank you for your fabulous and very useful gifts!
Ila

Joanna said...

Thanks a lot for the goodies.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!! GEORGEOUS. I love frames.
Andy

Melberry said...

These are so wonderful. Thanks for all your hard work, and for sharing your talent with us.

Anonymous said...

Merci beaucoup !!! Ces cadres sont superbes !!! Bisous !

Anonymous said...

Hartelijk dank voor deze frames
Thank you very very much !!
Greets from the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the beckerstuff site, the clothes are cute & also, thanks for sharing those crafty frames, they will add some vintagey pizzaz!

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful and I've got lots of ideas for them. thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your frames. Blanka

Anonymous said...

Love em - thanks heaps!!