Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Blog Now or Die Hard?

Yep. I will be taking Greg to the new Die Hard movie staring Bruce Willis. And this was a modification of the subject line that my daughter sent me this morning. Blog or Die!

Sorry I have been MIA the last few days. Of course, you KNOW that the computer (bleep) was out the other day and my compy has been out of commission ever since. The computer (bleep) was to have fixed the CD burner only; but decided to erase everything; reload Windows; and run it that way. I have been working diligently to restore it to what it was. Needless to say...I lost a ton of stuff. I am not a happy camper with the computer (bleep).

We went to the drag races on Friday night with the whole gang-Joe & Cindy, Megan, Matt, Kurt & Duane, Joanie & Chachi; We stopped at Dick Burgers before we went to the races and it was fun feeding the seagulls. At Spoky-Jo Drag Strip Greg raced our Dodge truck against Joe's Magnum. Can you just imagine it? Two old duffers out on the racetrack with their "daily drivers" while all the kids in tuner-cars and motorcycles are there to race. How embarrassing.

Cindy got a call from work and she had to leave mid-way thru so she took Megan with her; Joanie & I had to leave the truck everytime the guys raced. We were there from 8PM thru 1PM; It got SO cold that night. About 62F. Ugh. I should have brought my winter coat. The motorcycles went extremely fast. There was one that even exceeded 235mph! On their last race, Joe red-lited and Greg had a PERFECT reaction time off the starting line! The announcer had to say this TWICE. Too bad hubby didn't hear this. He was bursting with pride and kept looking at his race stats all night long and most of the next day!

Saturday Greg worked in the shop while I cleaned house; then on Sunday Greg watched a "Dirty Jobs" marathon and we worked in the yard for a while; we made a quick trip to the store to find a new exercise bike for me because I broke mine; stopped at Sonic on the way for a malt! (Diet, of course!)

On Monday I woke up to find that Aunt Flo had come to visit. So I stayed in bed most of the day feeling like crap. And the rest of the time I have spent on the computer in a vain attempt to restore it to full service!

When I visited Kelsey's blog yesterday, I found the cutest caricature of them that an artist had rendered while they were on holiday in Tenerife...the kid was upset that it was not in color; so I color-ized it for them. Aren't they just wonderful!

Greg stayed home today from work as he is in so much pain he can barely walk; his back again. He attempts too much, then doesn't rest it;

When we were driving through downtown Spoky-Jo the other day, we had come to a stop light and right beside us was a car all decorated because they had just gotten married. We flipped them $20 and they were all smiles as they took off afterwards, thanking us. It's so exciting to see young kids just starting out (which makes ME sound like an old duffer, but I have always been excited seeing people get married). I can only hope that their lives together will be as rich with color & as exciting as ours.

So until tomorrow when I am ready to post another Freebie for you, hope you are all OK.

4 comments:

hzgrace said...

"I can only hope that their lives together will be as rich with color & as exciting as ours."
I sooo agree. I love being married and am blessed when others see the beauty in the commitment. Not always fun, but always worth it
Blessings on your day
Glenda

Inma said...

Nice to read your computer problems have been partially sorted and have you back. :) Colourizing the caricature is a great job and the caricature itself it's great. :)

I hope your husband's back improves and feels better. :)

Best wishes. :o)

Anonymous said...

Matt says he wants to go racing with Dad now. He was so shocked that they'll let just ANYONE race ANYTHING. Maybe they'll be able to go when we come back next June.

Ernie said...

So... who won? Greg or Joe? You can't just leave us hanging like that woman!