Thursday, August 09, 2007

Whoops! Forgot Sunday



I totally forgot about Sunday. We went to the CDA Art On The Green; It was quite a bit of walking; then we found out that the other half was in the park. We only went to the exhibits on the NIC campus; But I wanted to share with you the huge sand castle that they had built *and were still building. It was quite a sight.


We got chicken sandwiches to eat, ice cream, and caramel popcorn. Yum. Oh, for shame! My poor dietary health. Oh well. You only live once!

The guys stood around talking while the girls went through all the booths. It was so neat. Talking to the exhibitors, learning their crafts, there were so many different accents and languages that I would have attended just for that alone!

Then while we were walking along some rude handicapped woman in a wheelchair hit it me in the butt, when I turned around expecting it to be my hubby who had touched my person...I looked behind me and down to see this woman being pushed by her husband; she said she didn't want to have to run into me with the wheelchair? I was so flustered, I just stepped out of their way. But they were BEHIND ME! They should have realized they would have to wait until they had a clear area, or go around. Just like non-handicapped people do when they are walking. Geesh. I didn't have eyes in the back of my head. Did she expect that she was Moses and parting the Red Sea? What a rude woman. I should have called security and complained. How did this woman know that maybe I had some physical problem that I didn't want to be touched, or hit! My butt still bears the bruise from her rude hand! I am of that old school where I don't raise a fuss or a stink. But I bet darn tootin' that if my daughter, Kelsey had been there, she would have told that nasty little woman where to get off!


And if you would like to go to the Neatest Site with great ideas...go here. It's addictive, & marvellous! Lots of talented artists sharing their creative juices. http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/newstuff.html and www.art-e-zine.com.uk

When I come across a website such as this, it's like Christmas. I want to make everything that they have listed there. Plus, I waste a lot of my computer time on sites such as this. I REALLY need to get some work done now.

Tomorrow is another dentist appointment. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

xashee's corner said...

The sand castle is INCREDIBLE!!! sounds like you had FUN! :D the handicapped woman might have gotten a little bit of an earful from me!!! i dont like to start trouble, but touching MY butt would be her START :D lol Have a WONDERFUL day!!