Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Trapped!

The sub-contractors dug across our driveway today, so there was no way that Isabelle and I could go to the park to walk; They have dirt piled up everywhere. I just suppose we will have to walk twice as far tomorrow!

Matt came in for lunch today as he was working right out front, driving the water truck! We had forgotten to pick up lunch meat, so I gave him a peanut butter sandwich & strawberry jam with potato chips. The kid is so sensitive to foods and doesn't enjoy pickles with his sandwich. I was going to make GORP-Good Old Raisins & Peanuts (otherwise known as trailmix) but he doesn't like raisins! So I just threw some peanuts & chocolate candies into a bag for him and sent him off with a big bottle of water. He's like a puppy. Feed him and he keeps coming around.

Today I go back to the dentist at 3PM; hopefully I can convince him to pull the rest of my teeth and just give me dentures. I am so fed up with the pain that my teeth give me. Hubby is coming to get me as we are still unable to get out of the drive. Hopefully, they will have it cleaned up by the time we get back from running a few errands. Hubby has to get some "tools" at Harbor Freight~

Greg called said he had a flat tire on his work truck so he has to wait for the tire service to come to him-sounded like he is in the middle of nowhere so it will take a while to get to him.

Olga called me on my accents for the Spanish words that I used the other day. I was probably just rushing my blog entry and forgot to use them. So I fixed it. Thanks, Olga. Yes. We use that phrase here in the US; I believe everybody across the world is more alike that we know. I am a Caucasian American; However, I have English, Irish, Swedish, German & French ancestors. That I KNOW of...there's probably more stuck in there than that! So I am a mutt; a Heinz 57. But I feel like I have connections, relatives, everywhere. It will be so exciting to visit our daughter & son when we go in December as I will get to actually see some of the places where my distant relatives have been. Not that we are going directly to the towns they used to live within; but I will be able to see some of Germany, where I know for sure that my great-great-great-great Grandfather is from. It will be adventurous just being in the same country where he once lived.

After painting my toes, cleaning the floor, doing dishes & laundry...I will try to find some time to make more jewelry. Am also working on some miniature crazy quilt items.

3 comments:

hzgrace said...

Your jewelry is beautiful! I have been praying for you and your teeth since you mentioned that your DH wanted you to get them done. I know your pain :oP
Blessings on your day dear one
Glenda

Inma said...

Sorry about being trapped and not being able to get your usual walk with Isabelle. :( I hope, as well, that your teeth problems get finally sorted in the dentist.

About the accents in Spanish, it really looks weird if you pronounce it without them, LOL but it's really funny and nice that you enjoy using in your daily life in America Spanish words. :) It's also fascinating how people there have ancestors from so many parts of the world. It's also amazing how you can visit a place like Germany knowing that some of your ancestors came from there and you could be walking the same streets as them. :) I hope you have a great holiday in December. :)

Have a great time making jewellery (it looks amazing in the photos) and the quilt items and best wishes. :O)

Tommie said...

I know for sure you all are gonna have a wonderful time in Europe !!!, hope you sorted the teeth issue out and that you are feeling better without thoothpain...
(been there done that, so know it's hard) Only my solution was another one then getting them pulled...

Ofcourse nowadays the dentures are so nice you can't tell there fake..

Hope all goes well.

Love,

Paula