Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good Vs. Gross

Gross Things That Happened This Week

  1. A garter snake slithered past my hand when I was outside watering plants.
  2. I found out I gained 12 pounds in the last month-via stepping onto the doctor’s scale (they always make you weigh more!)

  3. Cleaning up spilt mayonnaise. Ugh. (don’t ask!)



Good Things That Happened This Week

  1. Found a wonderful general MD this week. Even though he is over in Spoky-Jo, it was worth the 1 ½ hour drive!

  2. Got some great diet pills from above doctor. Without insults, without snide remarks, altogether-a very compassionate doctor!

  3. Found a great deal on an Igloo cooler at the Flea Market! Only $2 for a cooler that normally sells for $25. After a thorough cleaning with Soft Scrub Bleach, it is better than new looking!

  4. Learned that my son had been promoted to Staff Sergeant! Yippee! We are so very proud of him. Next promotion… Brigadier General!

  5. Lost 7 pounds after starting my diet program.

  6. Finished a necklace for my father-in-law’s girlfriend-Bert!

  7. Made a new necklace that came out fabulous.

  8. Got a new TV from our friends (we had donated our old swamp cooler to them while it was intolerably hot this summer-they were so tickled to get it that they bought us the new TV we were going to get! plus we let them have about 20 truck loads of fill dirt from our property to made a pad-site for their new building)

  9. Went shopping with my cubby-Joanie to the flea market.
  10. It RAINED! As I am typing this right now, it is raining. Praise! We so desperately needed the rain.

2 comments:

Inma said...

It looks to me that there were more good stuff than bad, even though the snake thing looks quite unpleasant :(

Congratulations on your son promotion and if all the necklaces you made are like the ones in the photo, you are right they are fabulous. :)

Congratulations on your weight loss and the TV set. :)

Best wishes. :O)

Tommie said...

Hm...snake, did you say snake...
I do like them, but runnin' into one
when you least expect it would scare the h*ll out of me..
I could send Tommie over, and you will have no garden creatures, critters or what so ever in no time LOL....

Congrats for your SIL, looks like you had a aweful good things happening this week...

But am wondering, where did all the mayo came from ???
and how did it get there....hahahaha...
Just joking....

And another stunning and beautiful necklace, you're super creative and you ought to think of getting a business out of it ;)

Love Paula