Saturday, August 04, 2007

Never Saw a Camel I Didn't Like!


Yep. We were driving tonight through the neighborhood, when we just HAD to slam on the brakes. Spied this munching along the side of the road.

North Idaho Camel!


Can you believe this? I KNOW they are not native around here. So she must be an import. I'm assuming it's a SHE as I did not see any male "equipment" in evidence while snapping these shots.

She was the sweetest little thing...I thought she would start spitting at me, or braying...but she peered at us for a while, then went back to eating.

Earlier today, Joanie and I worked diligently on our beading...and I got these necklaces finished. I am just so darned proud of myself!

While relating a story about dancing, we both forgot the name of the host of the TV show, American Bandstand (Dick Clark) so we had to call the guys who were working up at the shop. Matt Holman answered the phone and I laughingly asked him if he knew who we were talking about. This 20 year old answered..."What's an American Bandstand?" Gee. How I date myself. I. Feel. So. Old.

Then after receiving our answer from somebody older than a teenager...we hung up. Then had totally forgotten what we needed the answer for! What a couple of old codgers! CRS-Can't Remember Squat!
We took a break at 3pm to pick up a delicious sandwich down at the deli in Little Town Market. (it's probably a miracle we remember the way to get back home!)

Then I came home after our lunch to go with hubby to get my nails done. Hubby even got a pedicure with me! Even tho his feet are SO sensitive "ack-don't touch my feet"! He sat there and let the girls massage, rub, and scrub until his footsies were pink & clean!

PS-Kelsey! We picked up Krispy Kreme 2 dozen donuts on the way home! Sticking my tongue out at you! La Di Dah! I got Krispy Kreme donuts and you don't!



Necklaces I have made in the last few days!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have Krispy Kreme here. Not too sure where they come from...probably Germany. I choose not to eat them anyway. I've got Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Creme Pie again though. Matt liked it so much he had me make another one today! Nah Nah!

Anonymous said...

Those necklaces are BEAUTIFUL!!! I just love you posts so much! YOu always make me smile! (too funny that you saw a camel!)

Tommie said...

hahha, your camel story, sure lookes like a sweety to me...
Actually I had a hiking trip on the back of a camel in Jordany 2 years back, since then I adore those creatures...

mmhh...drewling here when reading your donuts story....
We do have donuts here, but they better name them Cardboard cause they are not as yummie as the real ones..

Love your Necklaces!! Whoehooo they rock, are really stunning :)Really great exp cause they are your first ones....

Hope that I can pick up my hobbies such as making little teddie bears by hand someday again...
(now not possible due to my HMS and sore hands)
And I would love to try making Necklaces and all that stuff too...

Maybe some day....Right now I am
digital scrapbooking and making and altering photo's hihihi so
some hobbies also occure if something else is not possible.

Would like to see more of your crea-hobbies, you are def. very good.

Love Paula

Inma said...

I would love to have view with exotic animals or something more appealing than the road and the house in front of me :( it's a beautiful photo to share the one of the camel. :)

The necklaces are really lovely, they truly look from a jewellers,:)

Best wishes. :O)

tajicat said...

Beautiful necklaces! :)