Sunday, November 05, 2006

Wild Turkeys

Saturday November 4-Greg tinkered around in his shop while I scrapped 3 pages! Wowie Zowie. Did laundry, dishes, and vacuumed. Kelsey called and we talked for about 2 hours. My left hand was numb by the time we finally said good-bye.

It rained HEAVILY all night long. Isabelle was quite tired and came up from the shop about 3:30. She was having a bit of difficulty walking on her left leg. Time for an operation? I sincerely hope not.

I am making a Christmas surprise for some of the girls at NDISB. Hope they enjoy it. Only 50 shopping days until Christmas!

Sunday November 5-On the way to the park for our Sunday walk after getting lattes, we encountered a flock of wild turkeys. Of course...I had left my camera at home. I need to find a compact digital camera to stash in my purse. I scrapped for a while; Greg purused eBay for truck accessories...then at 2:30 we left the house to see a movie. The Prestige starring Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. Especially exciting was watching Michael Caine. He is such a great actor and has only gotten better as he ages. Somewhat like Sean Connery. And I just love Michael Caine's accent. Yummy. In a small cameo role was David Bowie...and I would never have recognized him if I had not known he was in this movie. Scarlett Johansson also appeared in the movie as the mistress of both the magicians. I really don't understand why they call her VOLUPTUOUS; curvaceous, fleshy. She is NOT. Plus...if you hated somebody, would you really sleep with their girlfriend? I think not.

It continues to irritate me that in order to view the movie, you have to watch 15-20 minutes of commercials, 10-15 minutes of previews, and then another 5 minutes of warnings...turn off your cell phone, no smoking, be quiet.
From now on, I think that we will have to arrive late to the movie in order to not have to sit through this irritating information.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

ya on getting scrapping down, boo on Isabelle's leg. And wow on the flock of turkeys. I can honestly say I've never seen that.