Friday, November 10, 2006

Arctic Cod Liver Oil

Yesterday morning, we took a brief detour after picking up our lattes...and saw a huge flock of wild turkeys in a field. There must have been over 150! Alongside them in the field were some geese. Of course...as usual, I forgot to take along my camera. We were only going to get lattes and come RIGHT BACK HOME. However, Greg wanted to "just run over here for a minute".

In the late afternoon, when I peeked out our back window...it had been raining all day...I saw a gaggle of quail. They were waddling quite quickly past our back deck. I quickly called for Greg to come see them. He never has moved very fast, and finally he came to see what I was excited about. The quail had walked into the woods, and he did get to see a few. We walked outside and followed their reverse progress in the snow. Hundreds of little bird footprints were all over the yard and the driveway. Hilarious!

Today, after consultation with the physical therapist, my husband was advised to take arctic cod liver oil in order to try to regenerate the nerves that have atrophied. Friends of ours had suggested rapeseed oil, which is highly dangerous and of which the intake has to be closely monitored. The therapist suggested that the cod liver oil is a highly successful alternative which could show results in as little as 8 weeks.

1 teaspoon every day and hopefully this will help. My darling husband's 2nd appointment with the other (GOOD) neurosurgeon is on November 30. Hubby is still off work and in lots of pain. He is taking daily doses of Tramadol and I can only pray that he does not get addicted to it.

In other news, I shared my hottie husband on the DST thread, along with my daughter's hottie. There are quite a few good looking men that the girls there have posted. My darling hubby and I have been married for 25 years and he is still...SMOKIN' hot for me!

Tomorrow is a brief trip to my local post office so that 1 more box can be shipped to my baby since she seems to find these boxes so VERY attractive...

Our lovely Isabelle posed so very nicely for the scrapped pic! Theresa Hernandez at Natural Designs in Scrapbooking made the hat, glasses and beard after I begged her. The kit is called
Christmas Follies.

44 shopping days left until Santa shimmies his fat butt and black boots down the chimney! Are YOU ready?

One thing before I close today. I HATE Rachel Ray. I HATE her voice. I HATE her show. I HATE everything about her. Why do I hate her? Her voice just rubs me the wrong way. Like fingernails down a blackboard. WHY is she so popular? P-Yuck.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

LMAO!!! That is by far, the funniest thing I've ssen in a long time!! There is something terribly wrong with you.

Oh, and I'm with you on RR, hate her!