Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hair Comes Santa Claus, Hair Comes Santa Claus


<=== THIS is the hair!


I got it trimmed and pouffed today so that I am
ready to par-tay on Satur-day!

The kids returned from their Thanksgiving trip to Switzerland full of photos and neat info. Kelsey called and talked to both of us. I don't know if Matt is still alive. We never get to talk to him! :)

However, Kelsey did advise us that Matt LOVES the Pepperidge Farm Pirouette Creme Filled Rolled Wafers that we sent last time. So here comes some more, Matt! Hope you enjoy them.

Greg went to the (good) neurosurgeon today. What a difference. Dr. William Ganz is understanding, compassionate, and kind. He even showed us the MRI, which was TOTALLY amazing. Moving the computer indicator down centimeter by centimeter, we could actually SEE Greg's body as if he had been cut in half, then lengthwise in half. L6, L5, & L4 disks were degenerating. We observed a cut away view of his kidneys! The doctor explained the different options he wants to use to approach Greg's problem. One of them is another EMG procedure (with a competent technician) to diagnose more accurately. Then Greg is to undergo shots (quite painful) of anesthetic & steroid into his disks to motivate the nerve regeneration & healing. Accordingly, a patient can have up to 3 of these, but the doctor has only prescribed 2.

The hubby has self-diagnosed himself as having ALS (my husband-the doctor!). Sometimes the Internet is a bad thing. I told him to get more life insurance on himself...so that any very handsome 35 year old males* looking for a rich widow, can come knocking at my door! *must have strong muscle.

I was totally flabbergasted when the doctor said that he was the same age as Greg (referring to the effects of aging...) as he looked like he was no more than 30! I suppose it was that lost "fountain of youth" that all those doctors have access to which made him look so well preserved!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How strict are you on that "35 year old" policy? Is there any leeway?

Just curious ;)

Theresa said...

George, you're a bad, bad boy. Bob, I'm glad Greg got to see a good doctor finally. I hope that deters his self-diagnosis. ALS would totally suck.

Also? Go answer your e-mail. I'll give you some motivation!

Anonymous said...

ohhh bob! i really hope everything is figured out with your hubby soon, it is very frusterating to have no answers!

oh and what about the "male" part any leeway on the "male" part???

LOL - seriously, what is a wife supposed to say two comments after her husband hit on you???

Hugs bob!
-shawna

ps- I LOVE the hair (super jealous, i want a "poof")

Anonymous said...

i wasn't necessarily "hitting on her" (psst, bob, i TOTALLY was). i was just trying to clarify her parameters in case i met someone who might be interested (bob, i'm 28 and rumor has it i'm adorably delicious...)

Theresa said...

And from what I've seen, he's a mean rock star.

Shawna, if G leaves you for Bob, you can come live with me. We'll have six kid between us. That'll make us totally hawt! We'll have to scrape the boys off with a spatula.

Anonymous said...

1/Um. Pretty firm on the 35. Unless you want to bone up on the '60s, 70s & 80s trivia. What WOULD we talk about?
2/VERY FIRM on the male part. Sorry Shawna. I don't bat for that team.
3/And don't worry, Shawna. He only wants me for my money and not my hawt body!