Sunday, November 26, 2006

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful

But inside it's warm and delightful.

We made a brief trip into town at 11:00 to see the annual Festival of Trees at the Resort. There were many beautiful trees, and even some that were decorated upside down!

Children playing Christmas bingo, making crafts, school children singing, snacks & drinks, parents & grandparents. It was an enjoyable time to get out and experience the festivities of the season.

It had begun snowing lightly this morning as we left home, but gradually increased. We observed that the traffic on I-90 was totally stopped for as far as the eye could see.

I decorated the inside of the house. Greg rested on the couch most of the day. I worry as he is relying too much on his pain-killers. We rented "Click" starring Adam Sandler & Christopher Walken on pay-per-view; and settled back to watch the snow come down.

I enjoy putting on my long winter faux beaver coat, bundling into leather gloves, black leather boots and tying on my cashmere scarf. As warm as anyone could be, I walk the dog out into the silent night amid the trees adorned with their snowy foilage. The only sound to be heard is the crunching of our feet on the icy snow. We make our way inbetween the sparkling lights circling the evergreens as the brisk air nips at our extremities.

As of this writing, we have 15 inches of snow.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

How fun!! I want to walk in the snow with you. I'm serious, girl, move to cali! We'd have so much fun! We could go crunch in the snow in the mountains on weekends. I'd probably have to bring my kids though...

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous!!! Even in Switzerland there was no snow. I doubt I'll see the white stuff in mass again until we return home. Just one more thing to be homesick over.