Thursday, December 18, 2008

Lights. And. Snow.



I have decided that when it comes to decorating for Christmas, one can never have TOO many lights. The colors & sparkling just fascinate me. We drove out into the worst blizzard yet this year to celebrate our Christmas spirit. Kelsey had an overwhelming desire to see Christmas lights, so we drove into town after we had already received about 18 inches of snow at home.

Kelsey drove at a sedate speed - 35 to 40; and what with the traction control, the 4WD, and her great new tires we were completely in control. I felt totally happy & comfortable sitting in the back seat with my long fur, Paris scarf & butt firmly planted on the heated seat!

We finally got into a neighborhood where we discovered that a homeowner had synced his music & lights together. Sitting in fascination for over 15 minutes, we listened to Trans Siberian Orchestra's Christmas in Sarajevo while lights jumped & sparkled & highlighted the delightful music on FM 90.5 wherein the homeowner had broadcast the music. It was delightful. And it completely brainwashed my hubby into making our woods into a musical winter wonderland next year.


My goal next year is 100 trees...or more. I now have 38 trees with 100 lights each.More deer. Moose. (if I can find them). Snowmen. I'm enthused. I want my Matty-J to see grandma's yard as enchanted!

Upon awakening this morning, we discovered that most of the schools in the local area were closed. There was an additional 18 inches of snow everywhere. So Kelsey started shoveling; Greg called in for his jobs; I made breakfast of pancakes, bacon & omelette for them. After shoveling for over an hour, Kelsey finally finished to come eat a wonderfully warm breakfast with hot chocolate.

The other day, Kelsey and I got some mega deals on the going out of business outlet sale at Pfaltrgraff. Our poor local outlet mall only has about 2 stores left. So sad. Sure wish they had a Hollister or an Abercrombie & Finch outlet store for Kelsey there...Anyway, I got this wonderful deal for a lot of stuff that might have cost me $350 in the past, but only $50 this time. Too bad they didn't have more of the Yorktowne items that I collect.

I suppose I better start wrapping presents today, so that Kelsey can come into the library again. I have been body-blocking her so that she can't see what is in there.

Here I am sharing some of our Blizzard Dec 2008 pics with you.

Another thing to note. I just adore the song - Shattered by O.A.R. but it is driving Kelsey nuts. She absolutely detests hearing it. Sorry, honey.

After viewing all the beautifully lit homes last night, we decided that Applebee's would be great to stop at for a bit of warmth. I got Kahlua & Cream, Kelsey & Greg tried a new drink hot chocolate with Bailey's & Kahlua & Disaronno which tasted exactly like a chocolate covered cherry!

Isn't Isabelle just the cutest here? She didn't want her picture taken, so I had to hold her still while I snapped a pic of the snowflakes on her nose.

No comments: