Sunday, December 28, 2008

And The Snow Came Tumbling Down


The snow pile slid off the roof of the house last night. (thanks, trusty roof!) It sounded & felt like an earthquake. My poor tree at the side of the house lost several branches. I mourned its loss as it was very beautiful & full. I shudder to think what it might have done to a human or dog had they been standing under the fall!

Today was decidedly warmer - 34.5 degree F; and with a mist-like rain falling. Kelsey & Greg shoveled the decks & walkway so that if we get further snow, there will be someplace for it to go~

Greg also plowed the driveway of the icy slush. The snow pile had also fallen off the shop; but not the huge storage building or our garage:(

There will be lots to plow when it finally does loosen from the garage. In the meantime, it looks freakishly scary. Don't walk under it.

While Kelsey spent most of today working on putting together the snow & deer puzzle, I spent the day in bed lying with my face on my heating pad. My three teeth on my left side decided to all start aching at once. Another visit to the dentist. I need to get them taken care of permanently. Just keep putting it off, tho.

Greg called his dad the day after Christmas to talk a lot to his brother - while his dad had pneumonia. Hope the old guy is OK.

The garage door behind Kelsey's SUV decided to quit working. Hubby has spent several hours trying to repair it, but looks like I might have to call the Garage Door Doctors tomorrow.

No comments: