Saturday, December 27, 2008

After Christmas Specials


The days surrounding Christmas were pretty low key.

Until…hubby hands me his first Christmas list ever. Two days before Christmas. Yep. Dec 23 and I get a Christmas list.

Impossible.

He’s an impossible man to live with.

Now. I am the kind of person that has most of her shopping done at least a month before Christmas. So I don’t have to face the crowds. I hate crowds. And I make complete use of the internet for my shopping pleasure. The UPS, FedEx, and USPS delivery men and I are on a first name basis!

So off the kid and I went to shop on Dec 23.

He wanted a Drill Doctor. And from the Internet, I could ascertain that the local Lowe’s and Home Depot were out of them. So, I got them directly from the Drill Doctor Store. Hubby got an envelope wrapped in pretty paper and within that envelope was a confirmation that he will receive his Drill Doctor (via a $40 web discount) & additional sharpeners at a discount upon checkout…What a deal.

There were also 2 other requests on the list – a temperature gauge & a Red Ryder BB Gun.

Of course, he didn’t get the BB gun- -

But Kelsey and I found the thermometers at Shopko – along with a DUB Chrysler 300 remote car. (which is driving the dogs CRAZY!)

I got quite a nice stash for Christmas

-Panasonic Lumix DMC – TZ5
-Apple IPOD Classic 120GB
-Andrea Bocelli Incanto CD
-Jessica McClintock Eau de Parfum
-Wire Whisks

The current project is to upload all my CDs into my ITunes, which will probably take until the end of 2009; then Sync it all to my IPOD. Then upload all my contacts including birthdays, anniversaries, spouse names, nicknames, etc. So that when my computer crashes (again) as it inevitably will, I will retain all that information on my trusty IPOD - which I will have lost by then!

Done?

Christmas Day was spent snacking on Crab Rangoons, Shrimp, Fudge, Peanut Brittle, Peppermint Bark, Chocolate Covered Cherries, Meat & Cheese platter, Crab Cakes, Bacon/Stuffing Rollups, Mini Quiche, Vegetable Platter, Fiesta Dip, Ranch Dip, Chicken, BBQ Pork, Sugared Popcorn.

At the last minute, we got 2 puzzles to entertain ourselves. Kelsey went to town on putting one together. She finished it today.

After another foot of snow received today and we are sick & tired of this wet stuff. It is now slightly raining with a bit of freeze. There is almost 3 foot of snow on the roof with 4 inches frozen beneath that on the house, the garage, the shop & the building. Hope it all comes off soon as it looks treacherous. Deadly. Brr.

No comments: