Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's Beginning To Look Like...

Christmas. The stockings are hung. Lights are lit. Decorations are up. The tree is up & crooked. Matt's box has been sent. The annual Christmas cards are in the mail. Making fudge & wrapping presents are the only things I have left to do.

Hubby and I went Christmas shopping on Monday night, which had to be the COLDEST NIGHT of the year thus far. Thank goodness it wasn't snowing. It was just bitterly freezing. We went to Costco, Big Lots (for outdoor decorations), Target, Shopko, Macy's, Kohl's & Albertsons. We got some really great gifts. Along with the items that I have already ordered over the internet, I am done with shopping.

Tonight, our new jet boat will be delivered. The price was overwhelmingly low; so we could not NOT buy it! I'll have pictures soon. Happy holidays to us. It's just unfortunate that we won't be able to use it until Spring.

It started snowing this morning and we have a Winter Storm Warning posted via the local weather service. Maybe another 12-14 inches today?

This is the basket full of cinnamon scented pinecones that I made. Too bad I don't have smell-a-vision. It is heavenly. There are blue lights all over & I even inserted cinnamon sticks in between all the pinecones. It is so enjoyable to fall asleep at night with all the delicious smells & lights twinkling.

Kelsey is going to visit friends in CDA today.

Maybe tomorrow night we can drive into town to see the holiday lights.

I hear snowplows going by outside.

Our fucking reindeer fell over in the wind, and I have to make light repairs to them before they can be put up again. Poor little things.

My latest land-line bill came from Verizon. It is due on December 25. Couldn't their computer system figure out that this is an annual holiday? Idiots.

No comments: