Sunday, June 01, 2008

TOOOOOOO Days!


Only two days before the kids are here...and it's raining. Lots of rain. This puts a big crimp in things. The decks still need to be stained and that is not going to happen. It also makes it extremely difficult to go shopping. Running around in the puddles, getting wet. Gross. Moving things from and into the basement will be awful. Wet is not good. Unless you are a seal. Or a whale.


I got my hair done on Friday and as I was exiting our driveway for my appointment, the window cleaners showed up unannounced. They started to argue with me about the windows they had cleaned and I just rolled my eyes and told them I didn't have time to argue with them. Greg had to take them down to the house to show them the windows they missed cleaning.


The kids called twice while I was getting my hair done - and Greg has been so busy down at the shop working on Calvin's Bronco & Chad's van that he doesn't even answer the phone anymore.


I wanted to do a favor for Greg and have the shower plumbing installed and the tags removed when he came home last night, but he had forgotten to tell me that the drain was not fully installed. Therefore, when I turned on the water to clean out the shower, it leaked out onto the floor. TWO steps forward, ONE step backwards... So we now have fans trying to dry out the floor.


Today will be a day spent shopping for last minute stuff - Groceries, bed, rug, replacement lightbulbs, etc. We will have to pick up the carpet for the bathroom tomorrow (Monday) as the home improvement store is not open on Sundays. Then come back to install stuff today; and tomorrow will be a day for me to clean, Clean, CLEAN!


Am so anxious to see the little niblets. Hope they have a great flight(s).

No comments: