Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Window Washer


So the window washers (3 of them) came yesterday and did a whirlwind job. But when we got up this morning, we noticed that they FORGOT to clean 8 windows at the peak of the house. And one guy had interrupted my husband in one room; and told him he would come back to clean the window before they left. But it wasn't done. Plus, the windows are streaky & splotchy. So I was not very happy. I have left a message for the owner to call me as it appears they were closed today. Hopefully they can come back to correct all this as I have been entirely happy with their service up to this time...

The basement is ready for furniture. Vacuumed, cleaned, and organized! So we will probably be working on getting stuff soon.

Hubby has to finish up a few vehicles that he promised, then we will be able to run into town to get bed, bedding, etc.

Another thing came together as somebody emailed me with a surprise for the goonies when they come. The surprise should be here when they come if I can rely on the USPS to deliver the product in a timely manner. Sorry to be so vague, but I don't want to reveal any details yet.

The carpet cleaner FINALLY returned my phone message of over a week ago - and they will only be able to come out after the kids arrive. Boo hoo. But I'm not too upset; at least the carpet will be getting cleaned. After a horrible winter & an awful spring - with dirty dog paw prints everywhere - the carpet really needs a thorough washandwax.

It was a beautiful sunny day today. Highs of about 73F. I took lunch down to the shop for Greg around 3pm - it was getting late and he didn't want to stop work to eat! Earl had stopped by to chat while Greg ate.

Hubby had to run up to the Hoodoo Valley to pick up the Jeep he had been working on - the people took it out this past weekend and broke the steering - so it will have to be fixed again. 4Wheeling is rough on everything. Anyway, on the way back from picking up the jeep with our trailer - we saw a Mommy duck & 11 baby ducks crossing the road. Almost ran over them, but I yelled at Greg in time for him to slow down. Sure wish I had taken my camera with me so I could have caught the adorable little things waddling across the road-oh well.

We stopped in Spirit Lake to pick up groceries & then returned home. A very nice spring day.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Excellent work!
I love it!
Happy week.