Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ouh-t-side

Been nice here lately, so have been working outside. Picking up pinecones that have accumulated. Where am I? Think I am up to about 50 or more wheelbarrows full. The temperature has been in the 80s F lately! Almost too hot. Yesterday it felt like the house was baking.

Have to install the swamp cooler this weekend - but by Friday the weather predictions are for 50 degrees again. So should we disconnect the pilot light in the fireplace?

It was so hot yesterday that the smells in the woods were wonderful. The pine was really radiating along with the grass. I love to recline in the hammock, swinging to the sunshine & smell of evergreen around me.

My daughter reminded me that we would pay her a big $20 to go out and pick up all the branches on the ground every spring. Maybe when they come back in June, I'll flip her a few $s and she can help pick them up again!

I think I feel in the mood for watermelon tonight.

No comments: