Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day



It was extremely challenging to get through this day...on Sunday as I have no mothers left. All of my actual mothers and pseudo-mothers have passed away. I'm an orphan. All alone in the world.

Hubby had gotten tulips, and muffins for me; Izzy got me a card. The dog on the front of the card looks exactly like her!
My real baby sent me a card that I received on Monday. When she and my son arrive in June, they will be taking me out to buy me a PRESENT.

Have spent lots of time getting the house cleaned and working on the remodel for the basement. Started the annual PP -- Pinecone Pickup. The count is 25 wheelbarrows full and it doesn't even look like there is any difference in the yard. Still lying on the ground are massive amounts of p-cones!

Today is a trip into town to get the closet doors & misc wood for the remodel.

Did I mention that Isabelle has been eating blueberry muffins lately? When we stopped at the latte stand about a week ago, they were out of doggy cookies - so we got a muffin instead. How many dogs like fruit?

Spent about 1 hour on the phone yesterday getting new home insurance which should reduce our premium $1000 per year! Imagine that - plus as we will be consolidating all our insurance through one company, they will reduce our car insurance by 15%. That will save an immense amount of money.

No comments: