Saturday, June 28, 2008

BOING!

Talked to KRL-N on the phone early this AM and they just arrived home safely!

Afterwards at about 7:40, I rode my bike – 13.2 miles; Greg had actually calculated incorrectly and so I had to bike farther than I thought. Hubby had notes on trees to encourage me after I returned home – like the notes found on the ground for the Ironman Competition. “You can DO it!” “Almost there!”

Isabelle & Hubster had gone into A-town to get lattes. So they were waiting for me when I returned about 75 minutes later.

While biking, I found a brand new blue tarp still in bag at the side of the ditch. So we returned after I came home to pick it up in the truck. We will give it to our friend Joe, as he LOVES to cover his cars for the winter with blue tarps…

Picked up a ba-gillion pinecones, then I mowed the lawn, and mowed, and mowed. The weeds are so tall that I have to go over them about 2-3 times.

Also watered plants. Took a shower after all this was done. Tanned. Then did laundry. I was bored, so went back out and mowed the yard some more.

Maybe when it gets later and the sun is not so hot, I will go out and pick up more pinecones. It got to a high of about 94F degrees today.

Needless to say, with the kids gone – I Am Bored Out Of My Mind.

Almost forgot- Greg’s brother called Friday and said that on Thursday night their dad had gone into the hospital due to rectal bleeding. Heartland Medical Regional Center will do a colonoscopy on Saturday (today) to diagnose. Hubby has called his father in the hospital and he sounded very weak. Marvin said he didn’t want anybody coming to visit him. I sincerely hope he will be OK.

No comments: