Sunday, June 22, 2008

Forgot To Title This Entry...!

Kelsey and I went for another bike ride this morning. Very hot - even though we both put on sunblock, we got sunburnt. Me on my face - Kelsey on her shoulder. We stopped to tour the Open House on Sienna Loop - nice homes. But extremely expensive for 5 acres; about $450,000 USD.


We were just trying to get different ideas of floor plans that the kids might want to incorporate into their new home. At first they wanted a rancher - but Matt has indicated he would like a 2 level home.


After we got back, we found the boys had gotten lattes for us. Matt was washing their Cougar. They left to go to the park where his family was having a picnic.


While they were gone, I washed clothes. And washed clothes. And washed more clothes. These kids change clothes about 4-5 times a day! Wow.


They came back briefly, so that Kelsey could change jeans...and went to meet their friends - The Kegleys in Spoky-Jo.


After they had gone, Greg and I wanted to give Isabelle a bath. However, this is one smart dog! She hates water/baths...so she ran away down to the shop. I had to walk down there to fetch her back and she was hiding...peeking around the corner of the building at me! LOL! I put the leash on her and we walked back while she hung her head to the ground. Sheesh! You would think we beat her while we bathed her. The. Dog. Hates. Bathes.


So after her bath, Isabelle escaped up to her room for a nap. Greg had dinner while I crocheted on my blanket. I had also spent the day purchasing new digital products, so I played with those for a while.

The storm started around 9:30 with thunder, lightning, and rain that poured down. We both teased each other about calling the insurance agency to include flood insurance on our policy! What with the various areas of the US flooding - and even where we used to live in Iowa flooding so badly! But since we do live about 2600 feet above sea level - and the nearest body of water is about 7 miles and we live on a bluff..I don't think we have much to worry about. Unless we get one of those floods like in that movie - Deep Impact.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Ranch house, ranch house, ranch house! I vote for ranch house. Stairs are highly overrated and stuff accumulates at the bottom of them in piles for people to take up next time they go. Except I'm the only one who ever takes anything up.

Sounds like you are still having tons of fun with the kids!