Thursday, April 24, 2008

Nurse


Run ragged. Will have to fall into bed in a while. Have to dope up the hubby first, make sure that he gets to bed tonight-- after helping him to the potty, then cover him up, collect dishes, ice packs, elevate his foot, start laundry, tidy up livingroom.


I hate being a nurse. Sick patients are SO demanding.


Ugh.


"More water, more milk, more painkillers, more food, cover me up, i'm sleepy, need another pillow, need more ice, need more painkillers, need to go potty, help me, answer the phone, talk to the doctor, get me a drink, i'm cold, turn up the heat, turn down the heat, open a window, more pillows, less pillows, less ice, more ice"


1 comment:

Jen said...

I can empathize! I nursed my mom back to health a month ago while she recovered from bacterial spinal meningitis she contracted while visiting us. I lost about 5 pounds (yay!) from the running and stress of it. Make sure to eat! and I hope hubby is up and walking again soon. I'll send some Arizona weather your way to cheer you up.