Friday, April 18, 2008

Blogging For Dollars




There was a tv channel shown locally in the area where I grew up; it was usually on in the late afternoons after I got home from school - and it was called "Dialing For Dollars". They would dial the phone numbers in the telephone book, and if you happened to be watching and could tell them on the phone how much money was in the jackpot at that exact moment, you would win the jackpot. Of course, you had to be watching at the approximate moment they called and it could be at anytime during the commercial breaks of the whole movie. They never called our home phone number, tho. But it was exciting to watch.

Took the boy-toy into the doctor yesterday and it appears (as I predicted - gee! doesn't take much to make a diagnosis - should I have been a doctor?) that he will have to have surgery AGAIN on his toe. Of course, the doctor took the pin out way too early (but he won' t admit it) and now the boy's toe has curved all the way to the opposite side. It is still black & blue & purple and swollen. I asked if the doctor was going to take out the piece of steel rod that had broken off in the toe. Doc just gave me a dirty look and said "We'll have to see..." Gosh! Is that the Royal "we" or does he think that he and the turd in his pocket are going to be operating. Did it mean that he wants me to confer at that moment in the surgery? What does "WE" mean?

Anyway, the details are much too disgusting to outline here on my blog - much cutting & carving & blood & guts.

Wednesday, April 23 is the S-Day.

After visiting said quack (oh sorry- i mean doc) we stopped at Chad Is Bad's house to visit with them. They recently had a baby boy. Amy is such a sweetheart. She came jogging in with the baby after we had been there for a few minutes. I got to toss the baby (hold the baby) around for a while. Greggy Weggy also picked it up and held it for about 3 minutes! The baby looks EXACTLY like a carbon copy of Chad - even down to the eyebrows, cheeks, ears, and hairline!

I had not taken my camera, otherwise I would have taken a pic to show you. Will have to remember to put my little camera in my D&B purse. Argh. Hubby-bubby said I should buy a camera to put in every vehicle.

On Wednesday, the latte lady at the stand put raspberry flavoring in one latte; and dark chocolate in another latte when I had ordered one PLAIN latte; and one Tiger-Tail latte. She is getting ditzy-er all the time. So for a while, we are going to the competition in town. Maybe if she realizes we aren't buying 2-3 lattes per day at her place, she will get her head out of her ass!


Instead of paying attention, she has a tendency to talk WAY too much.

Hmm. In other news, today we are taking Matt's car to the licensing department to have them inspect it as it came from AZ and have them issue a title & reg in this state. I'll have to send the kids the bill.

When we went over to Spoky-Joe on Wednesday, and hubster stopped at Harbor Freight to pick up more tool stuff - I went into Hastings to look at books *and buy a b-day card for hubster! As I was making my purchase at the checkout, the employee - Leslie asked me if this was a good author. Great small talk!!! I told her that "I don't know, I have never read this author before".
Wouldn't a better bit of comm
ent have been for Leslie to have shared- "Ummmm. I have never read this author before. I wonder if she is good?" or "Have you ever read this author before...and if so, do you recommend her books?" I believe that we have lost the art of small talk.

And even though it was high 60F yesterday around here, it is now snowing...again. And it is supposed to snow throughout the weekend.

I will leave you with a picture of Izzy on her bed in her room, soaking up the sun that was actually shining the other day!
*credits-dictionary page - terry maruca, polaroid- gunhild storeide

No comments: