Friday, April 11, 2008

Closer...Closer



As his birthday nears closer, the gifts I have ordered come trickling in; when we arrived home yesterday from a brief trip to Sandpoint, (picked up building door material) there were about 4 boxes from UPS on our deck. His denim shirt arrived; his Ford emblem pyjama pants arrived; and the journal is the only thing I am still awaiting upon.

I also made THIS for his birthday. The other day, when we were over in Spoky-Jo, he got a super speed Ingersoll-Rand 1/2" Impact Wrench Air Tool. Like a kid on Christmas morning, he went on and on; telling me all about the neat things this little tool could do. As if I really cared. Blah, Blah, Blah - in one ear and out the other. If it's a tool he needs for the shop-who cares. But if it really makes him happy- Let him jizz about it.

The idea struck me on the way home - I would immortalize this tool for him so that he could gaze at it when he wasn't actually touching it.

So, I made a little tool art. Cute, huh? I found an idea on the internet and expanded it. This now hangs on his wall in the laundry room(Greg's office) so that he can stare at it for hours.

He moaned and complained when I presented it to him (I was so anxious - unable to possibly wait until the end of the month!) because he said "you give the best presents-and I always give you such crap!"

I dunno. He gave me a beautiful, wonderful baby on Valentine's Day back in 1985. That was a pretty wonderful gift. Top that!

1 comment:

Ernie said...

You are such a thoughtful wife! :)