Thursday, February 28, 2008

Grrrrr

Took the hubby into the foot surgeon today to verify that his toe was healing. The doctor removed the stitches. I chose to wait in the front room instead of listening to the big baby scream in pain.

The stitches were removed and Greg is off until April 13 to heal. He still has to return to the doctor in a few weeks to determine if the pin should come out or not.

While we were in town, we picked up a headphone & plug for the stereo, so hubby can listen to the TV quietly instead of distrubing me; he has a tendency to watch the automotive shows, Overhaulin', Horsepower TV, PINKS, Drag Racing, Dream Car Garage, Chop Cut Rebuild, Xtreme 4X4, Cool Tools, Trucks, My Classic Car, MuscleCar, American HotRod; and they all have hosts who are very irritating or have voices that I just can't stand. So with headphones, he can watch his pre-recorded shows to his heart's content!

And driving along, his cell phone rings; the conversation on this end...I hear the perennial "oh, I'm in town, we had to go to the doctor." and I see RED. I have asked him so many times before not to do that. He said that he is "conditioned" to answer the question...but it is just a question from his friends (or whomever he is speaking with) "What's up, how/what ya doin'" which Greg interprets as needing an answer. I think it is so unbelieveably RUDE for anybody to ask that. It is NOBODY'S business what we are doing or where we are. So I told the hubby that if he answers and tells anybody where we are or what we are doing, that I will start breaking his fingers...one at a time.

Can't we all join the civilized world. Ring, Ring - Answer - "Hello" "Hello, Greg. This is Dick. I was just calling to verify that information you gave me. Thank you. Goodbye."

Instead of..."hey man, how's things, whatcha doin'"

Greg has stayed on the phone for HOURS just because he doesn't know how to say "goodbye" then hang up. I have had to yell at him as he keeps saying, goodbye, see ya, ok, etc. and then does not hang up - just keeps listening. Ugh.

We picked up Wendy's cheeseburgers for the dog and got teased as the girl at the window recognized us! She knew the burgers were for Izzy.

And even tho I looked directly at Greg before we left, and ASKED him nicely (with a please) to take towels so that we could wash the dog, he forgot them. Alzheimers, or just too many years of tuning me out?

After we returned home, I wrapped & mailed out books that were requested from me on www.PaperBackSwap.com. This is a great site, as I get to exchange out the books that are sitting on the shelves that I never read anymore, to get new ones...I have ordered some interesting history books to send to Greg's dad Marv, as he really likes reading.

Bert, (Marv's girlfriend) send me these really chintzy (her word-not mine) heart earrings and a beautiful heart bracelet for a late Valentine's Day present. She is such a doll. I had already sent her the bag from London and a framed picture of the kids & us from the trip. Bert sent me an email to let me know she got them!

No comments: