Thursday, February 21, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?

I thought I was keeping more up-to-date on my blog; but when I look, almost 4 days have passed!

Monday, we went to the doctor for me bright & early in the morning. We got gas at Costco (which was way more costly because of their state gas taxes!) then picked up Wendy's for Isabelle. We stopped quickly at Wal-Mart for some groceries, then came home. Greg propped his foot up and I waited on him with lunch, dinner & snacks. He is still putting ice packs on it to keep the swelling down.

Tuesday, we again rose with the sunrise as we had to see Greg's foot doctor for his check-up post-op. Before we went there, we stopped at the Great Harvest Bread Company to pick up some natural fresh bread - - Cinnamon Chip Apple Fruit Swirl. Yummy. We also got samples of my favorite - Pumpkin Yumkin. Usually we don't get bread from there and it is quite a treat. We don't eat enough bread to make it worthwhile.

The doctor said Greg is healing nicely. In another week, the bandages will come off & stitches will come out. Then at the end of 6 weeks, they might be able to take the pin out if it has healed correctly. If not, the pin will stay in permanently.

We did a few errands after the dr. visit then came home so Greg could rest again.

On Wednesday, Kelsey called and we had a nice chat with her. I had unplugged the digital phones so that Greg could take a nap yesterday and had forgotten to plug them back into the power - therefore, they lost their charges. We had to plug in the "old-fashioned" phone so that we could converse with our daughter.

Greg ran into town with Joe which should have only taken an hour, but ended up taking the whole afternoon. He had obviously over-done it by the time he finally came home. We watched some Corner Gas taped episodes and he rested again all night. I also had a chance to clean up my computer somewhat since it came back from repair. Now we have to take in the laptop.

We stepped out onto the deck (brrrr.....) to get a better look at the lunar eclipse at about 9pm.



Thursday finds me cooking up lots of bacon, making sausage biscuit gravy, & sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, & sausages. Might have spaghetti tonight. Greg got lattes in town and mailed my boxes, then he said he was going to go down to the shop to see what was going on...just can't keep a good man down!

No comments: