Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day & Nursing

Greg came thru surgery OK on Wednesday. We had to be there at 7AM so that he could get checked in; I waited for about 1 hour and then they called me back to recovery. He was already sitting up with his foot in a huge bandage.

The doctor had re-broken the toe next to the big toe of his left foot, put a surgical steel pin in it to straighten; and shaved off the excess cartilage at the top of the knuckle on the toe.

The nurse gave us all the exit instructions; then assisted us out to the truck. I drove by Walgreens on the way home to pick up his pain medication. When we got home, he staggered into the house and sat on the couch for the rest of the day with his foot elevated. Soon he was snoozing in a drug-induced sleep while I made sure that he had ice packs on his foot.

His great come back all day was that I waited on him...hand & FOOT!

I got him a cute card, a DVD of the 1st season of Corner Gas, and a Corner Gas mechanic shirt.

He had already gotten me a box of chocolates & a card. Greg said that he would take me out to buy me a gift after his foot heals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope you don't mind me leaving a comment...i come by your blog every now and then (it seems through my new digiscrapping addiction lol)...but i had foot surgery last year, and can sympathize!...hope greg feels better soon!

~toni
http://theboyers.org