Friday, March 23, 2007

Broken, I'm so Broken

The doctor said I have a stress fracture in my foot. Probably from exercise. This is the best shape I have probably been in my life, and I hurt worse now than ever before. Flat on my back, ice on my foot. No exercise. Also on a low-dose painkiller, so I am kinda floating.

No computer to create with. I am going insane. There are all these designs and LOs flying through my head, and nowhere to put them down. The parts for the computer had to be ordered and MIGHT get her by Tuesday...or Wednesday. Ty is on my BAD list...unless the computer performs well and above what he promises...even then I will think twice before taking it into him again.

The laptop I have been using has none of our passwords, none of the cookies, none of the Favorites bookmarked on the main one. It is totally frustrating not being able to pull up any blogs I read, having to type in my favorite sites, not being able to log into sites as I do not have my passwords.

I even had to call the bank the other day to access our on-line checking. How pathetic.

After getting my hair done on Wednesday, we picked up a new spring bed covering at LinensNThings, then Greg took me to Olive Garden. I got Manicotti Formaggio, while Greg ordered Shrimp Primavera and sorry Kelsey, we had BREADSTICKS.

I took pics, but cannot post them without my PS program.

After this wonderful day out, I honestly thought the small ache in my foot was healing. But by the time we got home, I was in so much pain and my left foot had swollen to balloon-like size; Greg was ready to run me into the emergency room. So I soaked it in hot water and waited until Thursday morning to run in for x-rays. Just as I predicted, the doctor said..."stay off it, no high-heels (this said to a woman who does not own a shoe with less than 3" heels!) ice on it, take medication for pain." But no predictions of how long it was take to heal if I follow his advice.

While having to endure doing nothing in my bedroom, a little irritating bird has decided to peck at the wood on the outside of our home, right next to my bed.

Apropos of nothing: my next home will be somewhere where it is warm all the time, has large 12x12 decorative floor tile with radiant heating; and no exposed wood on the outside. Preferably with a small pool and hot tub. Plus...I want a majority of the lighting in a tiffany style as the shades are so colorful and interesting.

The kids called yesterday? the day before? I dunno. Again...too many drugs. Matt wants to get into a program where he is a AF spy. So we told him Go For It~ "Hi, My name is Bond. Matt Bond~"! He is living the life we all dream about. Young, exciting opportunities, your whole career ahead. Wow. It probably won't help his spy capabilities if his mother goes blogging and lets everyone KNOW he is a spy! Please wipe this paragraph from your memory.
THIS PARAGRAPH WILL DESTRUCT IN 10 SECONDS.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Dude, radiant heat is so overrated. Unless you're lying on the floor, it's pretty much worthless.

Also? I can't believe you're letting good floaty-air drugs go to waste. What incredible things you could be designing right now!