Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Missing Days - Gallbladder Surgery

MONDAY
december 13

urgent care day

i don't remember too much about monday morning. hubby called in to work because he was going to take me to the doctor. he had to get a jeep over to Clyde's by 7am so he could get paid. he got paid at noon.

i remember him coming home and i told him he had to take me to the doctor NOW. he got me loaded in the excursion. i tried putting on jeans, but they hurt too much. i changed into my shorts. covered with a blanket. excruciating pain all the way to northwest urgent care in post falls. they got me in and an iv started. i threw up several times. nice nurse corinne got iv started because i had no veins; i was so dehydrated. two other nurses soak my arms in hot towels to find veins.

got a ct. male nurse stank of cigarette smoke. yuck.

dr came in and said gallbladder & stones. need surgery. i said ok. they admitted me.

got me transferred to the hospital section. in a bed. started morphine and more ivs.

hubby stayed until late?



TUESDAY
december 14

surgery day

hubby left to get a pillow for me at walmart. he decided to go home & feed the dogs treats. however, they scheduled my surgery early and he barely made it back in time.

they took me to surgery prep area & the anesthesiologist came to talk with me. KRN had managed to come over to visit. we only had a few minutes to talk before I went into surgery. had a really bad cramp in my left leg. hubby finally came in to the pre-surgery room and then they rolled me to surgery.

surgery room was COLD!

I woke up. But I did not know where I was. Hubby was there. KRN had already gone home.

Surgery had lasted 3.5 hours instead of only 1 hour.

I was on morphine again. Hubby went home early as I was out of it for the rest of the night.



WEDNESDAY
december 15

another surgery day.

this surgery is at KMC Kootenai Medical Center outpatient center.

Hubby got there early as I was to have another surgery. The ambulance came for me and they rolled me out.

When I got to KMC, my nurse was Ryan. He did not introduce himself. I was rolled into a very SMALL operating room. I had to crawl over to the gurney by myself.

I woke up alone and Ryan went to get hubby. They called for the ambulance right away to take me back to Northwest Specialty Hospital.

I slept most of the afternoon away. Hubby left early again because I was out of it.

I got to eat a liquid diet tonight! Got broth & jello & ginger ale.



THURSDAY
december 16

I got to eat liquid diet this morning, but they said that I could have solid food in the afternoon. They wanted to let me go home this morning, but I was still too weak and did not want to go. Dr said that I could be released tomorrow.

Lots of sleep today.

Had Cheese filled ravioli for lunch.

Had Coconut Breaded shrimp with hubby for dinner.

SO Delicious Hospital Dinner





FRIDAY
december 17

hospital release day.

The doctor came in really early this morning around 6:00. He said that I could go home today.

This morning hubby slept late because he was working in the shop until 2AM. He had turned his phone off and would not answer.

I ordered him breakfast. An omelette with hashbrowns. I got the french toast with orange juice.

Another Delicious Hospital Breakfast


The nurse came after breakfast and pulled out my drain. Hubby got there shortly afterwards. I took a shower because I was hit with a bout of explosive diarrhea.

Got dressed & waited for the nurse to bring the release forms. Hubby pulled around the Excursion. I managed to walk out the door to get in the vehicle.

We stopped to grocery shop at Stein's in Rathdrum on the way home. I got a kart to ride around the store. Fell asleep on it and some nice lady came over to ask if I was ok. Told her I had just gotten out of the hospital!

Got burgers for dogs at McDonalds.

Dogs were happy to see mommy home again.

I rested on the recliner and then took a nap in the late afternoon.

Went to bed early with a painkiller prescribed from the doctor.




SATURDAY
december 18

FIRST DAY HOME

Lots of rest today. Alternated between the recliner & the bed.

Hubby stayed home with me. Got me food to eat, liquid to drink, helped me get in and out of bed, helped me in the bathroom.

Really tired.

Took another prescription painkiller.


No comments: