Thursday, January 02, 2014

JANUARY 2 ALREADY

THURSDAY
Jan 2, 2013

How fast the new year flies! Already the 2nd of January 2014!

We got up and made breakfast. I made hubby a latte. He is trying to cut back on sugar, so I added only a fraction of the flavoring that I usually add to his drink.

Got dogs ready & drove to Farragut Park for a really LONG dog walk down by theWillow Day Use area. Saw LOTS of Geese in the parking area.


 Geese waddling along


We saw HUNDREDS of eagles! It was so wonderful. I took some pictures, but most of them turned out blurry with the overcast day; taken with my iPhone.



 Eagle at mid point of tree
 
Eagle at tip of tree top


After the long dog walk and at the end we came up to the parking area via a deer trail straight up; the dogs were exhausted. Isabelle was especially tired & had to be pulled up the hill.

 Lil Bit, Maggie, & Bud on walk
 Lil Bit & Maggie

Went over to Bayview to feed the ducks. They did not like the burrito shells that we tore up into little pieces. However, when we threw the pieces into the water, they went nuts. A couple of Sheriff's deputies approached us and asked if we knew where "D" dock was located. We were unsure, but hubby suggested that they go to JD's Bar to ask for sure.

There were two cars that parked besides ours; the 6 people were with the Audubon Society and were looking at the ducks, eagles & seagulls.

Hubby stopped to get $12 in gasoline at the station in Athol. Then we came home. He hooked up the trailer to the Excursion. We drove into town with Bud & Ben. Hubby dropped me off in Post Falls at A Cut Above so that I could make my appointment at 12:00 with Julie for a Brazilian BlowOut.

I was finished at 2:00 and called hubby to pick me up. He said that he had walked with Ben & Bud.

We drove over to Walgreens (who did NOT have my Carmex); then we drove to CDA to get me a latte at Higher Grounds. Then drove to Maverik Gas Station to get gas in Excursion. Then over to Wendy's to get burgers for dogs. Then drove to Hayden Walgreens to see if they had Carmex (they did NOT have my Carmex). However, we did purchase an ornament, a card, & tissue paper for the present for Rhonda, my nail lady.

We came home and fed burgers to dogs. Hubby made a few business calls. He went down to the shop to work at 4:30.



No comments: