Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sicko - The Final Version

So after not being able to sleep for the last week without Ambien (a prescription med) I felt that it was time to fall asleep on my own.

Big mistake.

I tossed and turned until the wee hours. Then finally gave in and took an Extra Strength Non Aspirin Pain reliever/Nighttime Sleep Aid.

Second Big mistake.

Because I tossed and turned for a few more hours before finally succumbing to the miracle power of the o-t-c pill and falling asleep. Not a deep sleep. A horrid sleep plagued with devious and heinous nightmares.

And slept late.

Waking up with a horrendous hangover.

While missing the dog appointment, and having to re-schedule with the Vet.

The shit-eating, peeps loving Bravo has decided that he is going to permanently limp with his left hind leg high in the air; at first, months ago, it was thought his leg was falling asleep when he was lying on it. But obviously it is getting worse and we are going to have to take him in to have it diagnosed. Hubby keeps teasing that it is a tumor & "tri-pod" will have to have 3 legs - get used to it! But it might just be something as simple as a severe sprain. We will see. Mister "B" goes in tomorrow morning for observation all day with the dog doc.

Now this illness has really sapped my strength & my thought processes. It is a miracle that I even am functioning at this point. And I am severely depressed & tired. After getting up late, with no restorative rest, I had to recover until late in the afternoon at which time I was guilted into going into town with the hubby to get some much-needed groceries...and dog food. 3 dogs eat a lot. A whole lot.

Anyway, halfway through the grocery shopping experience, I am staggering. Nearly falling down useless. I get out to the truck & collapse. At home I am barely able to drag myself into the house to fall onto the couch. Horrible Horrible illness.

Am so upset that I have not been able to complete the taxes, add any more music to iTunes, or my iPod or clean up files on the computer. My office looks like a hurricane hit it! How very discouraging.

I discover that hubby had hacked into my To Do List on Google and added our secret saying. I actually thought that I had hallucinated doing it myself while I was sick. Darn. Need to change my access. He's a nut.

Bee-bo likes to have his nightly mad run fest throughout the house. The other dogs join in pretty well now. Isabelle loves to watch him, and will slightly put herself out to run a little bit - lazy dog. Then Harriet comes running down to join the game, and will actually act like a dog playing with the others!

I leave you with an adorable photo of Harriet & Bravo sharing a nap.

No comments: