Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tripping


Looking back at these pictures, it was great to recall our recent (quick) trip. The mountains in North Dakota were quite beautiful.

My poor tired dog slept beside hubby for most of the trip. She woke up to have Wendy's bacon cheeseburgers when we rolled into the bigger towns; and would pry open an eye to lean over to give me a big doggie kiss every once in a while. Of course, we had to get double beds in every hotel-because Isabelle HAS to sleep on her own bed. The only hotel we were unable to get a double bed in, they comp'd us a suite & the bed was king-size. Guess who got to sleep inbetween me and the hubs?

While we were back in the mid-west, hubby had to tell everybody that he visited with that we were going to "shoot" for 2010 for the HotRod Power Tour. So that it would give some of the guys back there an incentive to get their vehicles road worthy and ready-to-go. His brother has a 1970 Boss 302 Mustang; his friend has a 1940 Willys; hubby thinks he might be taking our 1954 Ford Ratrod pickup...we'll see.

It seemed to me that Greg was the glue that held the group together back there. Most of them are off doing other things and haven't gotten together. Out here in the west, hubby is the GLUE that holds together a whole new group. Nobody goes to hangout at Joe's shop; (besides the fact that MY hubby has the coolest equipment around...) nobody goes to hang out at Bruce's house...they always come here. Gee. Just like when the baby was home and all her friends came here instead of going to their homes.

Also posting the strawberries we bought today at Costco. Yum. Quite sweet. I am making homemade angel food cake so we can eat it with them...Yesterday, I made homemade white bread. The smell wafted through the house and made it smell SO good.

Spring is still not here in our area. Even tho the snow is gradually leaving in town, we are still at the higher levels where the snow remains. I can only hope that the 3-4 feet left in the yard dissipates quickly.

Trying to cheer myself up, I checked again on classes by Sally Jean Alexander... http://www.sallyjean.com/2008Website/SJ2008SallyJeanset.html but the classes are always filled. I want to take the class in Portland, Oregon for beginners; Soldering For Virgins.

Need to get my nails done soon; have already scheduled for Thursday to get my hair re-done. And went ahead & ordered these shoes...Steve Madden's Black leather Kapture.

I'm such a shoe-whore.

No comments: