Monday, March 10, 2008

I've Got a Head-Ack


Hubby came home from Seattle at 3AM on Monday morning. He called me at 2AM to wake me to tell me that he was only 1 hour away from home. Gee whiz. Wish he had just surprised me. After being talky-tammy until about 4AM-he was too keyed up to go to sleep. After having no sleep the night before, I was blotto.

So we slept until 9am. Then dragged our asses out of bed. I mean, literally. I rolled out of bed, and crawled to the nearest wall to pull myself up off the floor. Prying my eyelids open, which were caked with night time eye-goo, I stumbled down the stairs. Am still feel like I have a hang-over and it is 6PM. But with daylight savings time (yuck-don't even get me started whining about that!) it is still light outside. So discombobulated

After getting our morning coffee, we stopped at the Post office to mail books; then Greg dropped me off at home while he went to deliver parts he had bought. He TOLD me he profited about $500; but, honestly - I think he probably spent more than he made. The back of the pickup is loaded with crap. The interior of the truck looks like 8 monkeys lived in there for a week!

So we have to have it cleaned out. Ugh. And sanitized.

And my passenger seat was out of sync. Don't you just hate that? When somebody re-adjusts your seat and you can never get it back exactly the way you like it.

My poor, pitiful father (my mother died last year) has been writing me letters telling me how sad he is that she is gone. How lonely. Wants me to come visit. I haven't been back home in over 20 years. WHY would I want to go back to that frizz hair inducing state? Well, he hit upon it. He offered a bribe. So we might be planning on a (quick) trip back there. We shall see.

Greg is currently over in Spoky-Jo helping out a friend haul his car back as the clutch went out in it. Wish hubby wasn't so overtly friendly to lend a helping hand to losers all the time - somehow they are never around to return the favor. Not that I'm being uncharitable. It's just that after 25+ years of being married to him...I haven't seen too many people turn around to help him.

1 comment:

Mellykat said...

1. discombobulated...pun intended???
2. all hubbies are the same. nobody ever returns the favour.
3. hope you (and LW teehee) are feeling well.

Melly :)